Residence Hall Options
Upper-class students residing in residence hall rooms can select from either semi-suite or suite style rooms, which both have have semi-private bathrooms. Residence hall options are available for both Block Housing and General Room Selection. All buildings are subject to availability - some buildings may fill quickly and become unavailable. Approximately one-third of upper-class bed spaces are in residence halls.
Fifth and Clyde House
Housing Services' newest residence hall - Fifth and Clyde House - will open in August 2021, and will be available during Room Selection 2021. Fifth and Clyde consists of both suite and semi-suite room types, with a combiniation of double and single bedrooms.
Hardhat tours of Fifth and Clyde House are available! Learn more and register for a tour.
Approximately two-thirds of all upper-class residents live in apartment-style housing, offering a variety of living styles including studios (two occupants), one-bedroom, and two-bedroom options. However, there are also some five occupant houses (Roselawn Houses), as well as some four occupant apartment options (Margaret Morrison Apartments).
Please note that all multi-bedroom units will be made available only to roommate groups whose group size matches the full capacity of the unit. (For example, to select a Roselawn House, the group must have five members; to select a Shady Oak three-bedroom apartment, the group must have three members, etc.)
The following on-campus apartment buildings are available to upper-class students:
The following apartment buildings are available for Block Housing:
- Fairfax Apartments, floors 5 and 6 - Approximately 100 bed spaces available; for blocks of 6-12 residents
- Fifth Neville Apartments, floors 1 and 2- Approximately 50 bed spaces available; for blocks of 6 - 12
- Neville Apartments - Approximately 21 bed spaces available; for blocks of 6, 9 or 12 (multiples of 3 only)
- Shady Oak Apartments - Entire building, approximately 75 bed spaces avialable; for blocks of 6-12 residents
- Margaret Morrison Apartments - Approximately 72 bed spaces available; for blocks of 8 or 12 residents (multiples of 4 only)
All Gender Housing
All Gender housing provides upper-class students (inclusive of all genders, gender identities, and gender expressions) the opportunity to reside in the same room. Housing Services is working towards making the Room Selection application a more seamless process for students interested in All Gender Housing. However, for Room Selection 2021, students interested in All Gender roommate groups and housing options will need to work with the Room Assignments team directly.
All Gender housing can be made an option in any upper-class buildings.
Themed Living Options
Join a community with a cause or theme.
- Spirit House (Spirit members should follow the instructions and deadlines to apply for Block Housing as a block of 11 residents for the 21-22 academic year; room assignments will be made by organization leadership, through the Housing Portal)
Contact: Tera Monroe
- Gender Inclusive Housing - Gender Inclusive Housing will be in Morewood Gardens with programming supported by Residential Education.
Housing Services is able to accommodate students with special needs who participate in the Room Selection process. Current residents living in housing for the Spring 2021 semester will be contacted automatically regarding their interest in housing for the 2021-2022 academic year, and to discuss whether or not they need continued accommodations. Residents who are not currently in housing for the Spring 2021 semester should email Room Assignments as early as possible, to confirm their interest in campus housing for next year, and to confirm that there is a housing accommodation already on file. LEARN MORE