The Dietrich College Study/Travel Abroad Grant Program
Dietrich College has established its Study/Travel Abroad Grant Program to encourage its undergraduate students to consider pursuing meaningful opportunities abroad by making it more financially possible to take advantage of these experiences. The program provides support for both traditional study abroad programs, and for non-study abroad experiences such as service learning opportunities, internships, research and conference travel.
Grants are available for both individual students and groups of students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements.
Which students are eligible?
To qualify for a Dietrich College Study/Travel Abroad Grant, students must:
- be undergraduates
- be registered as a primary major in one of the Dietrich College major programs, or be enrolled in the Bachelor of Humanities and Arts (BHA) program
- be in good academic standing
- have been accepted by the program abroad for which grant support is requested
- not be on leave of absence from the university at the time of application, or during the proposed study or travel abroad period
- not be seeking grant support for a period during their first CMU semester, or for any portion of a time period after they graduate
Preference is given to:
- Current (or rising) sophomores and juniors
- Students with high financial need
- Students who have not had a meaningful study or travel abroad experience
- Students who have not received prior funding from the university for study or travel abroad
What study or travel abroad programs are eligible?
To be eligible for one of these grants, programs must:
- Demonstrably support students’ academic, personal and career goals and development
- NOT involve locations where the U.S. State Department has a Level 3 or Level 4 Travel Advisory in effect. In cases where a Level 3 Travel Advisory is location-specific within a country, support requests will be reviewed by the university on a case-by-case basis. View the Office of International Education’s practice statement for additional details.