Careers and Internships
Career and Internship Connection Career Fair
Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018, NY Hilton Midtown, 1335 6th Ave, New York, NY 10019
Meet Employers Including:
- Americares (Global Health)
- Axiom Learning (Education)
- AXA Advisors (Financial Services)
- Cadent Consulting Group (Consulting)
- Central Intelligence Agency (Government)
- Clean Water Action (Environment)
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore (Law)
- Data Intelligence Technologies (Internet/Software)
- Ipsos - Marketing (Advertising/Marketing)
- Keurig Green Mountain (Food and Beverage)
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (Health/Research)
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind and Garrison (Law)
- Publicis North America (Communications)
- Simon and Schuster (Publishing)
- Roundabout Theatre Company (Performing and Fine Arts)
Finnegan Fellowship Foundation Summer Internship Contest
Application deadline: February 2, 2018
The James A. Finnegan Fellowship Foundation was established to provide practical training in Pennsylvania government and politics for outstanding accredited college and university students honoring the memory of James A. Finnegan, Secretary of the Commonwealth 1955-1958. The Awards are as follows:
- $1,500 for the Award
- Additional individual $1,000 awards; and
- Honorable mentions as recommended.
- Winners are placed in a named summer internship in state government. These internships are named for the late James A. Finnegan and other men and women who have made important contributions to the "art of government" in state government employment.
American Enterprise Institute Summer Honors Program
We are pleased to announce that the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, DC, is now accepting applications for its 2018 Summer Honors Program, a series of fully-funded educational and career development opportunities for undergraduate students interested in public policy and national politics. Each year, we bring together top students from around the country and across the political spectrum to discuss some of the most pressing challenges facing our country. Students participate in small, intensive seminars taught by AEI scholars and other policy practitioners, join daily lunches with policymakers and business leaders, and advance their careers through high-level networking opportunities.
You can see the full course lineup on the flyer below, as well as on the program’s website. This year, we are proud to offer twelve courses for students, on everything from Pericles’ Athens (taught by AEI’s Gary Schmitt), to the Constitution (taught by AEI and the University of California-Berkeley’s John Yoo), to the principles of democratic capitalism (taught by AEI’s Director of Economic Policy Studies Michael Strain), to military history and decision-making (taught by the Director of AEI’s Critical Threats Project, Frederick Kagan), and more, making it a program suitable for student leaders with diverse sets of interests. The program takes place at our headquarters in Washington, and students may apply for a one-week and/or a four-week program, depending on their interests and availability.
Students may be nominated, or may apply directly. Applications are accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about the program, please email Wilson.Shirley@AEI.org.
Take a Tartan to Work Job Shadowing Program
This job shadowing program provides opportunities for undergraduate students to explore career fields by visiting a host professional at their business or organization for one day. Job shadowing can be an invaluable opportunity to connect and network with professionals and alumni in numerous career fields. The information gained can be used in choosing a major, assessing your fit in a work environment, or for preparing for a summer or professional job search.
There are a number of companies and industries represented, and many Dietrich College alumni are participating.
New to Networking? Interested in getting inside information about a career option? Would you like to connect with professional CMU alumni?
Tartan Talks is the CPDC’s new informational interviewing series. This program is geared to the undergraduate student who wishes to connect with CMU Alumni and gather information about a job, career field or company culture. Students who sign up will be matched with an Alumni based on their mutual industry/field of interest for a 30 minute-1 hour long interview via phone or Skype. To participate in this program, register on Xinspire!
GoEco Internship Opportunities for Humanities and Social Science Students
GoEco invites students and faculty to participate in our humanities and social science internships and volunteer projects abroad!GoEco was created by experienced volunteers for people who are eager to travel and contribute to the community, wildlife, and environment they visit. Based on years of practice and in-depth field reports, GoEco presents you with a careful selection of excellent yet affordable volunteer and ecological minded vacations.
Ceisler Media, Fall & Spring Media Relations and Advocacy Internship
Pittsburgh, PA - Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Research for clients
- Digital and social media content
- Pitching news media
- Crafting messages for clients
- Planning events
- Attending meetings
- Drafting media advisories
- News monitoring and clips
- Majoring in Communications, Political Science, Journalism, Marketing, Business or a related field
- Interested in politics and what is going on in the area and across the state
- Strong writing skills
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work 12-15 hours a week throughout the semester
If you are interested, please email Keegan Gibson the following:
- Writing sample
- Cover letter
- Two references