Dean’s Innovation Scholar Award
Instituted in 2015, the Dean’s Innovation Scholar award recognizes significant innovation in course design, teaching practice and learning outcomes assessment among teaching-track faculty in Dietrich College, as well as the promise of these faculty for ongoing creative and effective innovation. The fellowship provides two years of support for curriculum development, course delivery and learning outcomes assessment, at $10,000 per year (for a total of $20,000). The award is given for two fiscal years, beginning on July 1.
Each department in the college may nominate one candidate. All full-time Dietrich College teaching-track faculty members are eligible for nomination. Faculty who have been nominated in the past, but who did not receive the award, may be re-nominated. No one person may win the award more than once.
The nomination packet should include:
- a short (no more than one page) cover letter addressed to the Dean’s Innovation Scholar Award Committee that summarizes the nominee’s accomplishments and potential for ongoing creative and effective innovation;
- the nominee’s current CV; and
- additional materials, such as comments from FCE forms, teaching statements, other measures of teaching effectiveness, or curricular materials created by the nominee, are also welcomed but not required.
Nomination Deadline: January 31, 2021
Submit a nomination to the Dietrich College Dean’s Office
The Dean of Dietrich College (or his/her designee) is responsible for the administration of the nomination and selection process. The recipient will be chosen by a college-wide committee appointed by the Dean. The Dean’s Innovation Scholar will be announced in April 2021.
Previous Dean’s Innovation Scholars
- Danielle Wetzel, English (FY 2019-2020)
- Mara Harrell, Philosophy (FY 2016-2018)