The Writing Academy is a student organization which connects writers to other writers across different disciplines, passions and career interests. It’s a great way for students to get more involved in CMU and learn about the writing industry.
Interested? Sign up to become a member
Registration now open!
Compete for a chance to:
- Win $60K in investments
- Gain exposure
- Interact with investors and alumni entrepreneurs
The McGinnis Venture Competition is a platform exclusively for Carnegie Mellon University’s global community of student entrepreneurs, bringing together the best and brightest to compete for $60K in investments. All participants receive coaching, valuable feedback and an opportunity to raise capital.
This multi-round competition begins with two virtual rounds and will culminate in a final live-round celebration on March 19, 2024. Check out the requirements and guidelines.
Important Dates & Deadlines for McGinnis Venture Competition
- Wednesday, Nov 1: Registration opens
- Friday, Dec 1: Create a log in via Pralent, register for the Competition via Pralent and start your application to receive a coach
- If you create a log in via Pralent, register for the McGinnis Venture Competition and start your submission to include your team name, team description and team members by De. 1 you will be guaranteed to be assigned a coach for the competition; for those who do this after Dec. 1, we cannot guarantee that you will be assigned a coach for the competition
- Tuesday, Jan.16: Round 1 submission deadline
- Thursday, Feb. 1: Teams notified; Round 2 begins at 2p.m. EST
- Tuesday, Feb. 13: Round 2 submission deadline
- Round 2 closes at 11:59 p.m. EST; Round 2 updated executive summaryand video pitch due
- Thursday, March 2: Teams notified; Round 3 begins at 2 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, March 12: Round 3 mini-business plan due
- Tuesday, March 19: Live final round
Register for the 2024 McGinnis Venture Competition.
For more information contact Allyson Hince.
Get Involved on Campus
The Office of Pre-College Programs is seeking Carnegie Mellon undergraduate students to be Community Advisors (CAs) and Residential Advisors (RAs) for the 2024 program this summer.
The Pre-College residential staff is crucial to the success of Pre-College Programs. Our residential staff will consist of a diverse group of CMU undergraduate students who are willing and able to take on the responsibility of caring for the safety and well-being of high school students. Problem-solving, communication and people skills will be applied to daily responsibilities.
We invite you to join us to make a difference in the lives of high school students by applying for the RA/CA position with Carnegie Mellon's Pre-College Programs.
QUESTIONS? email@example.com or 412.268.6714
The Department of English is offering a unique course opportunity next semester in conjunction with Arts Greenhouse, an arts and humanities education program that fosters the expressive and intellectual development of Pittsburgh's youth.
If you're interested in:
- Humanities Education
- project design and implementation
- community-responsive programming
- and/or creative learning
then this 3.0-unit course is for you!
And we'd love to have you be a part of it!
Student Affairs is seeking students to serve on the Academic Review Board and University Disciplinary Committee
The Division of Student Affairs is seeking additional student members to serve on the Academic Review Board (ARB) and University Disciplinary Committee (UDC). Students are integral members of these boards who help advance the educational objectives of the community standards violation process. Nominees should be students who have shown a commitment to honesty and integrity, evidence of sound judgment, critical thinking and analysis, a commitment to consistency in their work and interactions with others, listening skills, reflective decision making and compassion.
To nominate a Carnegie Mellon community member to serve as a member of the University Disciplinary Committee (UDC) and Academic Review Board (ARB), please complete the nomination form.