Financial Aid for Veterans
The Tepper School is a Yellow Ribbon participant for 2018-2019.
Veterans must have 100 percent Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility and not be on active duty in order to participate. Please send a copy of your certificate of eligibility to firstname.lastname@example.org, in addition to the copy you are required to submit to the CMU VA Certifying Official. Under our participation level in the Yellow Ribbon Program for the 2018-2019 school year, the Tepper School assists up to 30 eligible veteran students through our Yellow Ribbon Matching Funds Scholarship
Under our participation level in the Yellow Ribbon program for the 2018-2019 school year, the Tepper School covers 50 percent of the "gap" between allowable costs and Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits for eligible students, not to exceed $15,000 for up to 30 students through the Tepper School of Business Yellow Ribbon Matching Funds Scholarship.
Please note: The Tepper School’s level of participation in the Yellow Ribbon matching funds may vary annually and has not yet been determined for 2019-2020. You may view the most up-to-date information on this website, which is updated as information becomes available.
What About Other VA Education Benefits?
General Financial Aid Information for VeteransThese sources provide more information for veterans seeking financial aid:
- Information about VA education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA educational benefits information form [pdf]: This form must be submitted to the CMU VA Certifying Official at email@example.com prior to the start of each semester or enrollment (fall, spring and summer, if enrolled).
- Admitted student appointments: Contact the VA Education Benefits Office.
- Processing times for receiving payments
- More helpful links on the CMU HUB site
Carnegie Mellon University's Certification of VA Benefits
Do you have questions about Carnegie Mellon University’s Certification of VA Benefits, including Yellow Ribbon?Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about:
- Amount certified
- When certified
- When payment is expected on the student account
- Housing allowance questions
Contact the VA Certifying Official at email@example.com for discrepancies such as:
- Amount credited to student account is different than expected amount
- Penalty fees applied to student account for VA amounts owed while waiting for VA payments
- VA payments applied for but not received, etc.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
CMU's HUB provides more answers to frequently asked questions about VA education benefits.