Carnegie Mellon's MSCF program is a global leader for applied quantitative finance coursework
Explore Career Paths
our full-time faculty members offer the math, finance, statistics and computer science you will need for success in quantitative finance
Learn about the MSCF Curriculum
Discover the MSCF Difference
For 25 years, Carnegie Mellon University’s interdisciplinary, top-ranked Master of Science in Computational Finance program has prepared students for highly successful careers in quantitative finance.
UNIQUE FOUR-COLLEGE JOINT VENTURE
Faculty from four CMU colleges give you deep knowledge of the math, statistics and coding underlying today’s financial markets.
DEDICATED CAREER SERVICES
Gain access to top recruiters, valuable resources and personalized support from MSCF’s full-service career office.
MSCF Career Office
MSCF’s integrated curriculum gives you the hands-on skills required by top employers for success in the evolving financial industry.
STRONG ALUMNI NETWORK
Benefit from MSCF’s network of 1,600 alumni for that first job and valuable future connections for continued advancement.
- Nov 13 Quant Finance Networking Night
- Nov 15 MSCF Speaker Series: Paul Russo, Senior Director at Goldman Sachs, present “Buyside and Sellside Quantitative Roles“ on Friday, November 15th, from 12:30-2:00 at our Pittsburgh classroom (broadcast live to our New York location).
- Nov 19 MSCF Pittsburgh Fall 2019 Happy Hour
as a leading quant program
dedicated to helping students succeed
within 3 months of their December 2018 graduation
including 30 sell-side banks recruit from MSCF
- MSCF joins the CMU neighborhood at the 2019 Grace Hopper Celebration
- MSCF Plans Pittsburgh Campus Relocation to TCS Hall in 2020
- QuantStart: MSCF Co-Founder, Steve Shreve, Discusses Career Paths in Quantitative Finance
- CMU Takes First Place in Putnam Math Competition; Three Students in Top Five for the First Time in University History
- American Banker and Bank Technology News: Interview with MSCF's Steve Shreve, John Lehoczky and Rick Bryant to discuss the evolution of quants in the workplace.
- MSCF Women in Finance Events
- Quantbot Technologies Invests in Next Generation of MSCF Quants
- MSCF places 1st in the US, 5th internationally, in the 2018 Rotman International Trading Competition
- MSCF Students Win Grand Prize in the 2018 Citadel Datathon
- 5 Questions with MSCF Professor Bill Hrusa of Carnegie Mellon University