The CPDC is pleased to offer resources related to the following topics:
- Resources to help Identify Interests and explore options
- Grow your connections through networking
- Consider graduate school
- Sample resumes and cover letters by college/industry
- Quick Tip guides for building your resume, cover letter or online portfolio
- Other professional communications
- College and/or industry-specific career resources for students
- Topics include: CPDC Career Consultant contacts, industry guides, tips sheets, external job search resources, etc.
- Get ready for both in-person and virtual career fairs and events
- What is an information session and how can it help me?
How to research companies, network, interview, negotiate offers, etc.
- CPDC Ethical Job Search Policy
- Identify fraudulent employers or jobs
- Online recruiting and job search platform
- Information specifically for students, employers, faculty/staff, alumni and on-campus employers
- Tips for navigating AI landscape during career search
- AI platforms exclusively for CMU students
- ChatGPT limitations and recommendations
- Virtual mentoring program connecting students with alumni mentors
- Includes recommendations and responsibilities for using CMUniverse as either a student or alumni mentor
- VIDEO: CPDC YouTube Channel (Past webinars, employer panels, etc.)
- AUDIO: Scotty Stories Podcast (Interviews with CMU alumni)
- EXTERNAL LINKS: More career resources and tools, including tips for LINKEDIN profile headshots