How to Add Dietrich Printers in MacOS (OSX)
This is the supported method for connecting to Dietrich printers in MacOS (OSX) and higher.
You will need to know the printer name and if you want to use any finishing features (ie staple, hole punch, etc) you will need to know the model as well.
- Make sure you are connected to the CMU network (wired or wireless)
- From the Apple menu, choose "System Preferences"
- In "System Preferences," click on "Printers and Scanners"
- From the Printer List box, click the "+" button at the bottom left hand side.
- Choose "IP" at the top of the new window (it may be the default).
- Configure as follows:
- Address: hsscomp.hss.cmu.edu
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Queue: Enter the name of the printer
- Name: Enter the name of the printer again
- Location: Can leave blank or enter a location if you wish
- Use: For basic printing you can use the Generic PostScript Printer. If you want to use finishing features like stapling you will need to select the model of the printer, if it is not available from the list you will need to download and install a driver for it. You can contact Dietrich Computing for assistance.
- Click Add, if you get prompted for printer options make sure you check the box for Duplex Printing Unit
If you need any assistance please contact Dietrich Computing at 8-5136 or firstname.lastname@example.org.