How to Add Dietrich Printers in Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) and Higher
This is the supported method for connecting to Dietrich printers in OS 10.5 (Leopard) and higher.
Useful information to have ready before you begin is the name of the desired printer and its type: usually, these can be found on the printer itself (for example: TESLA, HP LaserJet 8100 Series PS).
- From the Apple menu, choose "System Preferences", or if present, the "Add Printer" icon on the dock and skip to step 4
- In "System Preferences," click on "Print and Fax"
- From the Printer List box, click the "+" button at the bottom.
- Choose "IP" at the top of the new window (it may be the default).
- Configure as follows:
- Printer Type: Line Printer Daemon - LPD
- Printer Address: hsscomp.hss.cmu.edu
- UNCHECK the box labeled "Use Default Queue on Server" if it exists
- Queue Name: [Type the printer NAME; using CAPS is preferable]
- Printer Model: [select the TYPE and Model Name of printer from these dropdown menus]
- Click the “Add” button at the bottom of the window.