Carnegie Mellon University

Declare Creative Writing

You can declare a primary major, additional major, or a minor in Creative Writing.

If you wish to declare a primary major in Creative Writing, please follow these steps:

  1. You must first meet with an Academic Advisory Center (AAC) advisor in Dietrich College to discuss your interest in declaring a primary major. At the end of your meeting, the AAC advisor will ask you to make an appointment with the English academic advisor, Laura E. Donaldson.
  2. The AAC advisor will provide you with a link to the Major Declaration Questionnaire, which you will need to fill out before you meet with the English academic advisor. Please note: In the Major Declaration Questionnaire, you will be asked for the date of your upcoming meeting with the English academic advisor.
  3. Once you complete the Major Declaration Questionnaire, it will be sent electronically to the English academic advisor so that she can get to know you a bit before your meeting together.

If you wish to declare an additional major or minor in Creative Writing, you must make an appointment to meet with the English academic advisor, Laura E. Donaldson.