Write a Syllabus
Research and Scholarship Digest
See what the Eberly Center is reading and thinking about this month! We hope the readers of this digest will find it a useful resource for staying in-tune with the rapidly expanding education research literature. View R&S Digest...
Teaching as Research
Discover what works for student learning. Read about what faculty are doing in this area of research: the compelling questions they ask, results of their studies, and how the Eberly Center can support you as you engage in your own teaching as research project. View this section of our site...
Making the Most of Your Upgraded CMU Classroom
CMU’s $20M Classroom and Learning Spaces Project is updating and redesigning CMU classrooms based on data collected by the Eberly Center and the research on learning science and technology-enhanced education. Not only will these improvements allow for a more pleasant educational experience, but they also offer many possibilities for instructors to enhance student learning through evidence-based strategies. View this new section of our site...
Connecting, Inspiring, Adapting
Read about Eberly Center's activities and impact in our AY2018-19 Annual Report (pdf)...
Promoting Academic Integrity
Carnegie Mellon has recently revised the university policy on academic integrity. Here we provide you with a pointer to the policy, some considerations and strategies for promoting your students' academic integrity, as well as a few sample policies for you to adapt when developing your own course policies.
Visit this resource on academic integrity...
We are here to help you design and innovate in this exciting space, including how to:
- Choose resources and tools that best fit your teaching context
- Flip your classroom to maximize student learning
- Insert hooks to collect data for iterative improvement
We have experience working with our faculty colleagues on such projects as:
- Translating your course online
- Developing online testing formats
- Using synchronous and asynchronous tools productively for learning
We continue to offer our high-value services, including:
- One-on-one teaching consultations
- Workshops and seminars for faculty and graduate students
- Canvas help and support
- Guidance in solving teaching problems
- Incoming Faculty Orientation and Future Faculty Program
- Teaching observations, focus groups, early course evaluations, and more...