Design Your Course
Many of the decisions affecting the success of a course take place well before the first day of class. Careful planning at the course design stage not only makes teaching easier and more enjoyable, it also facilitates student learning. Once your course is planned, teaching involves implementing your course design on a day-to-day level.
To design an effective course, you need to:
- Consider timing and logistics
- Recognize who your students are
- Identify the situational constraints
- Articulate your learning objectives
- Identify potential assessments
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies
- Plan your course content and schedule
- Write the syllabus
This site supplements our 1-on-1 teaching consultations.
CONTACT US to talk with an Eberly colleague in person!