November 27, 2019
Room Selection: You Belong Here
This year, Room Selection begins on Wednesday, February 19, 2020. Housing Services will provide you with all the news and info you will need to navigate the Room Selection process.
Let's start with all the cool stuff that is new this year in Room Selection!
Beginning with fall 2020, both Boss and McGill will be designated first-year living communities. Current upper-class of residents of either building who are interested in retaining should reach out to Room Assignments to express their interest. Housing Services will allow retentions in those buildings for one academic year, particularly for any upper-class women who wish to live in a single-gender residence hall.
Housing Services is excited to announce that the newly renovated Fifth Neville Apartments will be available via General Room Selection by rising sophomores (current first-year students) only. This “sophomore-only” pilot program building consists of studio apartments (2 occupants), one-bedroom apartments (2 occupants), and two-bedroom apartments (3 occupants). Residential programming will be targeted towards the needs of sophomore residents. More information to come in January or early February. (Limited tours of Fifth Neville Apartments will be available during the Oakland Open House on Wednesday, February 5.)
Block Housing continues to be a popular Room Selection option for residents. In order to best meet demand for both Block Housing and General Room Selection, the following buildings will be available during Block Housing in 2020:
- Margaret Morrison Apartments will be a new Block option for groups of 8 or 12 residents.
- Clyde House will be a new Block option for groups of 6 to 12 residents.
- Roselawn 15 will be a Block option for one group of 6 residents.
- Fairfax Apartments will be partially available (approximately 50%) for block groups of 6 to 12 residents.
- Morewood Gardens will be partially available (approximately 50%) for block groups of 6 to 12 residents.
- Webster and Shady Oak will continue to be options for block groups of 6 to 12 residents.