Leading With Emotional Intelligence
Leverage your emotional intelligence advantage to lead through challenging times.
March 10-11, 2022 | online | 2 TEUs | $2,200
Current times are extremely challenging for leaders at every level. Crisis has become constant. Leading transformation and change is critical. It is crucial to provide direction and support to team members and employees in order for them to stay highly motivated in a new normal working environment and be at their best while dealing with rising job insecurity and major strategic shifts across industries. Leveraging emotional intelligence to lead through difficult times and adversity is the key differentiator that makes organizations and teams successful during these challenging times and beyond. It is a critical key to workplace success and makes the difference between good and great leaders. This learning journey, which takes place over the course of two interactive, half-day sessions and includes a personal follow-up coaching session, will provide you with the insights and tools to better lead with emotional intelligence.
- Learn to better leverage your emotional intelligence in order to effectively support your team members.
- Discover your personal emotional intelligence quotient and what it means for you.
- Better understand emotional intelligence elements, such as how it impacts stress management, decision-making, interpersonal relationships, and leadership interactions.
- Gain insights and tools that are immediately applicable in your workplace and in life.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for executives and mid- to upper-level managers who are focused on improving their leadership and emotional intelligence skills, knowledge, and effectiveness. Participants will come away with an enhanced ability to lead their organizations during times of crisis and beyond.
Recommended participants include those who:
- Supervise departments or diverse teams.
- Lead complex projects or organizational change.
- Manage relationships between different functions and stakeholders.
- Hold or aspire to a key role in their operation.
- Develop talent within their organization.
- Program introduction
- Setting the stage: leveraging emotional intelligence as a leader
- Introduction to the EQi model
- Your personal EQi report
- Lecture/input and interactive discussions
- Learning reflection
- Leading in difficult times, change and adversity
- Making sense of your personal EQi results
- Transfer session: better leveraging your emotional intelligence
After Program Support
A key element of this leadership program is an individual, one-hour executive coaching session offered after the program. This is a confidential one-on-one coaching meeting with a highly experienced, certified business coach, in order to make you more successful in tackling your leadership challenges.
A typical session includes a joint exploration with your coach around the issue you are facing, which sets the stage for an impactful coaching conversation to help you achieve more clarity about the best approach to your challenge and develop an initial plan how to achieve the results you’re looking for. This will be most effective if you make a personal commitment to follow your plan.
The session will be online/video call via Zoom, or by phone within 45 days of program to provide the best possible support for you and your leadership development.
Earn the Carnegie Mellon Certificate in Executive Leadership
Participate in three executive education open enrollment programs in five years to earn Carnegie Mellon’s highest certificate designation for executive education.