Don't know what to bring?
The following lists are designed to provide you with some general information regarding what to pack before you leave your home. But be sure to coordinate with your roommate(s) to eliminate duplicate items in the room.
If you are unsure about whether a certain item is permitted, please email Housing Services or call at 412-268-2139 before bringing it to campus.
What's Already in the Room?
- Bed with 39" x 80" extra long mattress
- Safety rails and ladders for a bunked bed
- Desk and chair
- Closet or wardrobe (as applicable) and a dresser
- Window coverings
- High speed Internet service
- Basic cable TV service with activated cable TV jack
- Routine maintenance (students pay separately for room and public area damages.)
- Utilities, such as electricity and running water
The Essentials: Things You Will Definitely Need
- alarm clock
- clothes (and remember, it gets cold in Pittsburgh!)
- clothes hangers
- desk lamp
- laundry basket or bag
- linens and towels (sheets, pillows, washcloths, etc.)
- laundry soap
- mugs, cups, plates, utensils
- storage bins
- toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- driver's license or passport
The Extras: Things You May Want to Bring
- bicycle and bike lock
- power strip or surge protector
- stereo, CD player, or speakers
- microwave (must be compact and operate under 700 watts)
- refrigerator (must be smaller than 4.5 cubic feet and operate on 110/120 VAC)
Microfridge units are also available for rent through Microfridge Rentals.