Psi Chi CMU Chapter
Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology. Its purpose is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology.
Psi Chi membership depends upon class standing and academic achievement. Membership is a lifetime honor, and our members enjoy an array of benefits. Each year we review applications and nominations for Psi Chi and hold an induction ceremony in the Fall and Spring semesters. You will receive an invitation to join the CMU Chapter of Psi Chi with directions on how to submit your application and how to submit a one time membership fee of $55 to join the organization. We do offer a membership scholarship each semester, if you would like more information, please contact me.
We do accept applications on a rolling basis and if you would like to be considered, please submit your online application, so I can determine your eligibility. If you qualify, you will receive an email confirmation regarding my decision.
To get started:
- Go to https://www.psichi.org/?page=JoinToday (or Apply for Membership on www.psichi.org homepage, bottom right).
- Read the qualifications for application and select APPLY NOW.
- Choose Carnegie Mellon University from the Local Chapter drop-down menu and fill out the application including your name, email address, and student ID number.
- At the bottom of the page, check the box authorizing the faculty advisor to review your college records to determine eligibility.
- Add your Name/signature and select SUBMIT.
If you have any questions about the membership application, please feel free to contact me.
Dr. Chante Cox Boyd
Psi Chi Advisor