Information for CMU Undergraduate Students Seeking a Transfer Into the Tepper School
Students at Carnegie Mellon are able to transfer into the Tepper School of Business as internal transfer students to pursue the undergraduate Business Administration degree. Transfer acceptance is evaluated on academic performance and is limited by space.
Students may apply for acceptance into the Business Administration program twice during their undergraduate career. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on the last day of classes in the fall and spring semester.
To be eligible to apply for transfer, students must:
- Complete two semesters at Carnegie Mellon University (First-year students who begin in the fall are eligible to apply in the spring.)
- Earn a cumulative QPA of 3.0 or higher
- Complete 21-256, Multivariate Analysis OR 21- 259, Calculus in Three Dimensions
- Complete 73-102, Principles of Microeconomics
A complete transfer application includes:
- The completed application form, which includes a resume and personal statement submission
- A recommendation from a Carnegie Mellon University faculty or staff member