LGC Educational Media
This page contains links to lesson plans, activities, videos and other K-12 educational materials contributed by the Carnegie Mellon University community for K-12 students. If you are a part of the CMU community and have any updates or suggestions, please contact us.
- Biomedical Engineering Modules: Educational materials for high school students, developed by students during a project course
- Brownfield Classroom Activities: Middle or high school students can develop an understanding of brownfields.
- Bridges and Structural Engineering: lesson plans and activities about bridges for middle and high school students.
- Computer Hardware: Video series designed to spark curiosity in young learners about how computers work.
- Digital Education Modules: Videos with activities and instruction for helping K-8th grade students understand STEM concepts.
- DNAZone: Intended for 4th-12th grade students to improve student engagement, attitudes, and beliefs about science.
- Macromolecular Products: Experiments with Polymers
- NEW Remote Lessons for Kids:STEM educational opportunities for students which highlight research and expertise of Carnegie Mellon University
- Summer Center for Climate, Energy, and Environmental Decision-Making (SUCCEED): Lesson plans developed for two summer programs: a 2-day workshop for teachers and a free 5-day summer school for students entering 10th grade.
- Super Sleuths: Solving Crime with Forensic Science
Note: The following report is from 2008 but it is frequently referenced in publications about STEM Education.
- STEM Survey Report [.pdf]