The School of Music at Carnegie Mellon University highly values each and every individual who wants to Be a part of an INNOVATIVE FINE ARTS COMMUNITY immersed in a top research university.
HOW TO APPLY
All music applications are due December 1, 2023 via Acceptd. Pre-screenings and portfolios are due December 1 with the application. All audition procedures and protocols will be posted as they become available on the audition & portfolio review page.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ADMISSIONS AND AUDITIONS
- September 1: Applications open
- November 2: Exploring Composition & Electronic Music Degree Programs at CMU (Register Here)
- November 5-6: Turn Tartan Experience (Register Here)
- December 1: School of Music application and pre-screening deadline (Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice)
- December 1: Portfolio Deadline (Composition*, Electronic Music*, Music Education, Musicology, Music & Technology*)
- January 10-15: Pre-screening decisions released
- January/February: Audition Dates
- March 15: Graduate and AMSC decisions released
- April 1: Undergraduate decisions released from the Office of Admission and School of Music
- April 15: Graduate and AMSC decision deadline
- May 1: Undergraduate decision deadline
Learn more about the School of Music with our digital brochure [PDF].
Carefully review the application and Audition/Portfolio Requirements for your desired program of study.
*Do you have questions about Electronic Music, Composition or Music & Technology? Watch this webinar to learn about the differences among these programs.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Recruitment & Enrollment by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.