Music for Non-Majors Registration
Registration for Spring 2023 opens November 14, 2022.
Complete the form below to register for Elective Studio Private lessons or classes. After submitting your form, the Special Music Programs office will add the class to your schedule. Please be sure to leave enough units in your schedule to add the course. If you are not a CMU student you will be notified and connected with your professor.
- There is a fee assessed for ALL Music Extension elective studio lessons, whether taking the lessons for credit or not. This fee is posted to your student account after the third week of classes.
- Staff wishing to enroll in elective studio lessons and classes should know that Employee Tuition Benefits will NOT cover the Music Extension fee.
- Non CMU students will be invoiced directly
For current CMU students, The Special Music Office will add the class to SIO for you once you have submitted your registration.
ELECTIVE STUDIO LESSONS
- Weekly one-on-one private studio lessons for the beginner, intermediate and advanced student
- 14 lessons offered per semester: 30, 45, 60-minutes per week
- Criteria for the lessons will vary depending upon studio teacher
- Students are expected to participate and prepare for each lesson according to guidelines designated by each instructor. Instructors discuss grading criteria based on skill level and experience at the outset of every semester. Students are invited to participate in an end of the semester recital. At the discretion of the studio teacher, this performance may be required of a more advanced student.
Questions? Email: email@example.com