International Student Information
International Participants must have the F-1 Student Visa.
Deadline for Application: MAY 1, 2023
International students who intend to participate in the Dalcroze Workshop need to apply for a F-1 student visa in order to enter the U.S. In order to apply for a student visa, please follow these steps:
- Register for the Dalcroze Workshop and pay the tuition and housing fees.
- Note: If a student cannot attend because of immigration problems ALL money will be refunded.
- Complete the International Student Information Form and the Affidavit of Support for Financial Sponsor (if applicable) and submit with the required supporting documents to the addresses on the forms.
After receiving the completed International Student Information Form and supporting documents, the Office of International Education will send you the form I-20, which will enable you to apply for the F-1 Student Visa. Please note: It will take OIE a few weeks to process an I-20 after a completed application is received.
Once you have received the I-20, you should:
- Pay the $200 SEVIS Fee.
- Follow the instructions for applying for an F-1 visa from a U.S. Embassy/Consulate. You will receive instructions with your I-20 form. Canadian citizens are exempt from the visa requirement, but must still obtain the I-20 form and pay the SEVIS fee.
- Travel to the U.S. with your valid passport with F-1 visa and your I-20 form. Do not put the I-20 in your suitcase; carry it with you on the airplane.
- Bring your passport, I-94, and I-20 to the Office of International Education on Tuesday, July 2nd at 4:30 pm. This brief immigration check-in is mandatory. An administrator from the Dalcroze Training Center will accompany you to this meeting.
Note: We would love to have you for the summer, and we encourage attendance by international students. However, all classes are taught in English. There is no guarantee that translation will be available. Many past registrants have come as a group where one member has served as translator.