Undergraduate Admission Timeline
Updated Information August 2, 2021: Updated Visitor Protocol effective August 1, 2021: Visitors (both indoors and outdoors) for one-time visits and/or recurring meetings/events on campus are permitted.
Those wishing to visit campus may schedule a self-guided walking tour through the Office of Undergraduate Admission or register for the limited in-person information sessions. The School of Music remains closed to guests until after the fall semester begins; you can check this website for an updated information session schedule and view our virtual tour.
Our application is anticipated to open by September 1. We are waiting for the university to update policies surrounding visitors and events before we can finalize what the Fall 2022 application process will look like, but are sharing our anticipated expectations. When available, it will be updated on this site and time-stamped.
BY DECEMBER 1
- Review the academic requirements and guidelines through the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Review the audition/portfolio requirements for your program of study.
Pre-screening areas: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
Portfolio areas: Composition, Electronic Music, Musicology, Music & Technology
- Complete the Common Application. *please note that applicants to School of Music programs do not need to complete a SlideRoom Art Supplement.
- Complete the School of Music Online Application.
- The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and a 500-word personal statement (this can be the same as your CommonApp, if it is music related).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a private teacher or conductor online through the School of Music application (this is separate from recommendations required by the Office of Undergraduate Admission). Music recommendation letters must be received by January 4.
- Supporting documents (recommendation) must be received by January 4 for undergraduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 14.
- Recorded auditions are due February 1.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- Admission Decisions released from the School of Music and Office of Admission.
- Undergraduate students must confirm enrollment.
*Please note that Early Decision is not available for music applicants.