Undergraduate Admission Timeline
Updated Information January 5, 2022: On-campus live auditions are being moved to an online live virtual format for the 2022 cycle. As we're watching this new variant unfold at an alarmingly fast and contagious rate, it is increasingly irresponsible to pursue on-campus live auditions. Even if models are correct and Delta and Omicron begin to fizzle out by mid-January, there is not a responsible way to invite visitors to our campus.
We had high hopes for conducting on-campus live auditions, but the rate of transmission of the Omicron variant is alarming. Regardless of the severity or not, we don't want anyone feeling like they have to come to our campus and are taking this safety precaution for both the health of our community and you.
We will send revisions for live virtual auditions and recorded audition policies by early next week. Please continue to hold the original audition date that you selected in your calendar.
Prescreening results are still anticipated to be released by January 10th. We hope to continue to have schedules released by January 20th, but again, please be patient if we have delays.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we navigate this transition.
BY DECEMBER 1
- Review the academic requirements and guidelines through the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Review the audition/portfolio requirements for your program of study.
Pre-screening areas: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
Portfolio areas: Composition, Electronic Music, Musicology, Music & Technology
- Complete the Common Application. *please note that applicants to School of Music programs do not need to complete a SlideRoom Art Supplement.
- Complete the School of Music Online Application.
- The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and a 500-word personal statement (this can be the same as your CommonApp and can go over the suggested word limit, if it is music related).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a private teacher or conductor online through the School of Music application (this is separate from recommendations required by the Office of Undergraduate Admission). Music recommendation letters must be received by January 4.
- Supporting documents (recommendation) must be received by January 4 for undergraduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 20.
- Recorded auditions are due February 1.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- Admission Decisions released from the School of Music and Office of Admission.
- Undergraduate students must confirm enrollment.
*Please note that Early Decision is not available for music applicants.