Undergraduate Admission Timeline
BY DECEMBER 1
- Review the academic requirements and guidelines through the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Review the audition/portfolio requirements for your program of study.
Pre-screening areas: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
Portfolio areas: Composition, Electronic Music, Musicology, Music & Technology
- Complete the Common Application. *please note that applicants to School of Music programs do not need to complete a SlideRoom Art Supplement.
- Complete the School of Music Online Application.
- The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and a 650-word personal statement (this can be the same as your CommonApp and does not have to be exactly 650 words. Please feel free to use a supplemental or main Common App essay).
- Submit one letter of recommendation from a private teacher or conductor online through the School of Music application (this is separate from recommendations required by the Office of Undergraduate Admission). Music recommendation letters must be received by January 5.
NOTE ON FEE WAIVER REQUESTS
To request a fee waiver for the School of Music Acceptd application please follow the following steps:
- College Board SAT or ACT fee waiver documentation. For more information on the College Board fee waiver process, please visit their website.
- Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL) documentation.
- Most Recent FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR). Must be within 2 years of fee waiver request to be eligible.
- Unemployment Benefits Statement from the past 90 days.
(Follow the instructions on the Common Application to request a fee waiver for that portion of the Undergraduate Application process)
- Supporting documents (recommendation) must be received by January 5 for undergraduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 15.
- Recorded auditions are due February 1.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout late January/early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- Admission Decisions released from the School of Music and Office of Admission.
- Undergraduate students must confirm enrollment.
*Please note that Early Decision is not available for music applicants.