Registration for the Fall 2021 semester is now open! Use the link below to register online.
Fall 2021 - In-Person Instruction
After a year and a half of remote-only instruction, we are happy to say that the Prep School will be returning to in-person instruction beginning this Fall! We continue to be amazed by the flexibility and adaptability of our students, faculty, and families during this time of online learning. We are so looking forward to welcoming everyone back the CMU campus, but please note that this return to in-person instruction will come with some mandatory protocols in accordance with CMU, the Office of General Council, and CMU Child Protection:
- ALL Prep School participants, including students, parents/guardians, faculty, staff, and anyone else coming to campus for Prep School related activities must be masked at all times, indoors and outdoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- In accordance with University policy, there is a mandatory 15-minute window between all classes and lessons. This means that the Saturday Prep School class schedule will be slightly extended from what it has been in the past, so please keep this in mind when enrolling your students.
- In an effort to limit occupancy, parents and/or guardians may not sit in on private lessons. Exceptions to this policy may be made on an individual basis after consultation with the instructor and the Special Music Programs office. Furthermore, we request that when coming to campus, to make every attempt to limit the number of visitors accompanying your children.
- These guidelines and protocols are subject to change based on the University’s minimum requirements for visitors to campus.
- If there is some change in the region that necessitates a return to remote instruction, this will be communicated in a timely manner so as not to disrupt the school year.
Please note: While the primary learning modality in the Prep School beginning in the Fall will be in-person instruction, hybrid learning (i.e., remote + in person) may be used for private lessons with teacher and student agreement. All elective classes will be held in person only.