Graduate Admission Timeline
BY DECEMBER 1
- Complete the School of Music Online Application. (The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and 650-word personal statement.)
- Review and follow the Audition/Portfolio Requirements for your specific program choice and select an audition date/format as part of your audition.
- Pre-screening recordings: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
- Portfolio materials: Composition, Music Education, Music & Technology (including Audio Recording & Production)
- International Students: Submit your highest single-test TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo score by December 1.
- AMSC Priority Deadline #1
- Supporting documents (transcripts, final test scores, and three recommendations) must be received by January 5 for graduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 15.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout late January/early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- AMSC Priority Deadline #2
- School of Music admission decisions released online through Acceptd.
- Graduate students must confirm enrollment.
- AMSC Deadline #3 - FINAL DEADLINE