Graduate Admission Timeline
Updated Information January 5, 2022: On-campus live auditions are being moved to an online live virtual format for the 2022 cycle. As we're watching this new variant unfold at an alarmingly fast and contagious rate, it is increasingly irresponsible to pursue on-campus live auditions. Even if models are correct and Delta and Omicron begin to fizzle out by mid-January, there is not a responsible way to invite visitors to our campus.
We had high hopes for conducting on-campus live auditions, but the rate of transmission of the Omicron variant is alarming. Regardless of the severity or not, we don't want anyone feeling like they have to come to our campus and are taking this safety precaution for both the health of our community and you.
We will send revisions for live virtual auditions and recorded audition policies by early next week. Please continue to hold the original audition date that you selected in your calendar.
Prescreening results are still anticipated to be released by January 10th. We hope to continue to have schedules released by January 20th, but again, please be patient if we have delays.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we navigate this transition.
BY DECEMBER 1
- Complete the School of Music Online Application. (The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and 500-word personal statement.)
- Review and follow the Audition/Portfolio Requirements for your specific program choice and select an audition date/format as part of your audition.
- Pre-screening recordings: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
- Portfolio materials: Composition, Music Education, Music & Technology
- International Students: Submit your highest single-test TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo score by December 1.
- Supporting documents (transcripts, final test scores, and three recommendations) must be received by January 4 for graduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 20
- Recorded auditions are due February 1.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- School of Music admission decisions released online through Acceptd.
- Graduate students must confirm enrollment.