Graduate Admission Timeline
Updated Information August 2, 2021: Updated Visitor Protocol effective August 1, 2021: Visitors (both indoors and outdoors) for one-time visits and/or recurring meetings/events on campus are permitted.
Those wishing to visit campus may schedule a self-guided walking tour through the Office of Undergraduate Admission or register for the limited in-person information sessions. The School of Music remains closed to guests until after the fall semester begins; you can check this website for an updated information session schedule and view our virtual tour.
Our application is anticipated to open by September 1. We are waiting for the university to update policies surrounding visitors and events before we can finalize what the Fall 2022 application process will look like, but are sharing our anticipated expectations. When available, it will be updated on this site and time-stamped.
BY DECEMBER 1
- Complete the School of Music Online Application. (The School of Music Online Application will ask all applicants for a music resume, repertoire list, and 500-word personal statement.)
- Review and follow the Audition/Portfolio Requirements for your specific program choice and select an audition date/format as part of your audition.
- Pre-screening recordings: Flute, Piano, Tuba, Violin, Voice
- Portfolio materials: Composition, Music Education, Music & Technology
- International Students: Submit your highest single-test TOEFL, IELTS, or DuoLingo score by December 1.
- Supporting documents (transcripts, final test scores, and three recommendations) must be received by January 4 for graduate applicants.
- Pre-screening results released by January 10.
- Audition times released by January 14.
- Recorded auditions are due February 1.
- Audition/portfolio reviews will take place throughout early February (review audition dates and formats here).
- School of Music admission decisions released online through Acceptd.
- Graduate students must confirm enrollment.