In writing your re-grading policy, consider the following questions:
- Will you allow students to request that assignments be re-graded?
- If so, what is the protocol for requesting a re-grade (e.g., must be submitted in writing, must be accompanied by an office hours visit, etc.)?
- Is there a deadline after which students cannot request that an assignment be re-graded (e.g., two weeks after the assignment has been returned)?
- If the assignment is re-graded, are students eligible to lose as well as gain points? If so, be sure to make this clear to students.
- Are there any exceptions to this policy?
Sample: Re-grading policy
If you would like me to review a graded assignment, I am more than willing to do so. All requests for re-grades must be submitted within one week of the graded assignments being returned. After requesting a re-grade, please schedule an appointment with me to discuss your assignment and grade. Please allow me a minimum of 48 hours between your request for a re-grade and our meeting. Exceptions to this policy may apply in the case of the final perspective paper due to deadlines for CMU grade submissions.