Student Org Resources Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not find an answer to your specific question here, please email the Office of Student Leadership, Involvement, and Civic Engagement (SLICE) or call 412-268-8704.
How do I give my organization members access to my organization space?
What is the best way to recruit new members?
How do I obtain an organization email address and shared drive?
How do I obtain my organization's copy code for the Cohon Center 3rd Floor printer?
How do I reserve the SLICE van?
What are the guidelines and steps to add the University's logo to my organization's item(s)?
I just got elected! What do I do next?
How do I host an event with minors, i.e., kids/students under 18 years old?
How do I host an event outdoors and/or reserve an outdoor space?
How do I reserve an outdoor grill for my organization?
What are the steps to bring a speaker/performer to campus?
Where can I chalk or hang posters on campus?
Student Government maintains several bulletin boards around campus managed by the Graffiti and Poster Policy Administrator, which can be found listed in the Graffiti and Poster Policy:
- Posters are not permitted to be on doors, walls, and/or windows.
- Chalking is only permitted on sidewalks and not permitted in areas that are not directly exposed to rainfall, including covered sidewalks and vertical portions of outdoor stairs.
- No spray chalk should be used.
What do I have to do to sell food at a table with my organization?
How do I hang a poster in Doherty Hall?
How do I show a movie at my event?
What should I do if I have not heard back about or have received my 25Live reservation confirmation?
Why can't I use Venmo to transfer money for my organization?
How does my organization receive sponsorship and donations?
- A Donation is a contribution where the donor does not receive anything in return. Donations can be processed online.
- Sponsorship is a contribution that meets one or more of the following criteria:
- $5,000 or greater sponsorship amount;
- Has a sponsorship agreement;
- Has substantial benefit(s) to the sponsor;
- Advertisement is offered to the sponsor.
Where can my organization see our budget and a list of our financial transactions?
Who do I talk to if I want to spend my money different than what is currently in my budget?
In order to reallocate funds in your current budget, you will need to request a line item change and email the Student Body Vice President of Finance.
How does my student organization make a donation to an external organization?
What do I do if I see a missing or incorrect transaction on the Bridge?
How do I submit an expense reimbursement?
How long does it take to receive an expense reimbursement? How do I set up direct deposit for my reimbursements?
It can take up to 30 days to receive expense reimbursement. This is due to the approval process within SLICE, as well as the processing and approval time needed in Accounts Payable.
- If a student has a position in Workday, they are still required to submit a direct deposit form because Oracle is a separate system where expense reimbursements are processed.
Students who wish to receive reimbursement via direct deposit should complete the direct deposit form and email it to the SLICE Finance Team.
How can I check to see if a supplier is already in the system? How long does it take for a new supplier to be added to the system?
- Please email the SLICE Finance Team to see if a supplier is currently in Oracle. Please include the full vendor name.
- It takes 2-4 weeks to establish a new supplier in Oracle, because the information, including tax and banking information, needs to be verified.
When does University Contracts need to be involved? Why do I need a contract for services?
University Contracts is required to review and approve all contracts for services being performed on Carnegie Mellon University property. There are other unique situations that may require University Contracts approval as well.
- A contract is required for services to ensure that both parties are aware and agree to the terms and conditions of the service provider. All on-campus services require the approval of the University Contracts Office to ensure that the University and our students are protected.