- Instructions for patients receiving allergy shots
- For patient safety, allergy injections are given only during allergy clinic hours. We can offer a list of community providers for students who cannot come in during allergy clinic hours.
Comprehensive Care Management
Our Comprehensive Care Manager (CCM) helps students develop plans to identify and coordinate services to meet their health and academic support needs. The CCM works with Academic Development, Counseling and Psychological Services, Disability Services, Housing and Dining Services and other campus offices. This free service is available to all students.
Seek out the Comprehensive Care Manager when you:
- need assistance with management of health problems
- have health or learning needs requiring housing accommodations [pdf]
- have health-related difficulties that may affect classroom performance
- think you may have a learning or medical disability
- are not sure where to go for assistance
Contact our Comprehensive Care Manager, Diane Dawson:
General Illness or Injury
- Nurse and doctor/advanced practice appointments
- Follow up care
- Same-day appointments
- Alcohol/Other Drug Assessment & Referral
- Quit Smoking Support
- Stress Management Consultation
- Sleep Assessments
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Testing (no symptoms)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance enrollment
- Claims assistance
- Insurance mandate/waiver assistance
- Current students can request medical records by using the Messages link in
- If you cannot access HealthConnect, submit a Consent for Release of Information Form [.pdf]
- Travel Physical (see Vaccinations & Travel Health below)
- Pre-Employment Physical
- Sports Physical
- Wellness Physical
- Driver's License Physical
We can provide a refill if:
- an existing prescription is on record at UHS;
- the prescription is still valid;
- and there is at least one authorized refill remaining (check prescription label).
If you are out of refills, bring in a new prescription or contact your provider through HealthConnect to obtain a new prescription.
Your refill will be ready for pick-up 2 business days after your request is received. For urgent refills, please come to UHS in person.
We have a psychiatrist who works in collaboration with CaPS clinicians. All referrals for psychiatric treatment are made through Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS). Please contact CaPS at 412-268-2922 for referral information.
If you and your therapist or clinician think that medication may be a useful additional treatment approach, you will be referred to our psychiatrist for an initial evaluation.
Staff & Faculty Services
We offer the following services for Carnegie Mellon staff and faculty:
- Quit Smoking Support
- Blood Pressure Checks
Vaccinations & Travel Health
- Vaccines: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HPV (Gardasil), MMR, Menningitis, Tetanus
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing
- Anti-Malarial medication
- For travel health information for specific destinations, visit the CDC Traveler's website
- The Allegheny County Health Department offers additional vaccines and travel consultations