Update for Fall 2020: Due to our expanded focus on emerging student health needs related to COVID-19, allergy shot services are suspended at this time. We are happy to help students connect with a local specialist for allergy care.
If you are an existing patient who currently has serum at UHS, please call us at 412-268-2157, option 2, to coordinate a time to pick up your serum.
Our Comprehensive Care Manager (CCM) helps students identify and coordinate services to meet their health and academic support needs. The CCM works with Academic Development, Counseling and Psychological Services, Disability Resources, Housing Services, Dining Services and other campus offices. This free service is available to all students who:
- need assistance with management of health problems
- have health or learning needs requiring a housing accommodation form (pdf)
- have health-related difficulties that may affect learning
- may have a learning or medical disability
- are not sure where to go for assistance
Contact our Comprehensive Care Manager Diane Dawson at 412-268-9171 for more information.
Flu vaccine clinics are offered at University Health Services seasonally.
- Nurse and doctor/advanced practice appointments
- Follow-up care
- Same-day appointments
Call UHS at 412-268-2157, option 2, to schedule an appointment or speak with a nurse.
- Substance use assessment and referral
- Quit smoking support
- Stress management consultation
- Sleep assessments
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing
- Medical, dental and vision insurance enrollment
- Claims assistance
- Insurance mandate/waiver assistance
Available for students who would like support with communicating with their provider during appointments. Trained healthcare interpreters are available for many languages, including Mandarin, Hindi, Korean and American Sign Language.
Students may request this service during any visit.
LGBTQIA+ students can receive general medical care as well as specialized services at UHS.
Questions can be directed to Noah Riley, Health Promotion Specialist at UHS.
Current students can request medical records by using the "messages" link in HealthConnect.
- If you cannot access HealthConnect, submit a Consent for Release of Information Form (pdf).
Students can consult with the UHS dietitian for assistance with the following:
- meal planning
- food allergies
- weight management
- eating disorders
If you have medical condition that requires a dining plan accommodation, complete the Special Dining Needs form (pdf).
- Annual wellness exam
- Annual women's health exam
- Driver's physical exam
We can provide a refill if:
- an existing prescription is on record at UHS;
- the prescription is still valid;
- and there is at least one authorized refill remaining (check prescription label).
If you are out of refills, bring in a new prescription or contact your provider through HealthConnect to obtain a new prescription.
Refills will be ready for pick-up two business days after a request is received.
- Routine/annual gynecological exams
- Gynecological problem exams
- Sexual health testing and education
- Pregnancy prevention counseling and prescriptions
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency contraception
- Vaccines: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HPV (Gardasil), MMR, Menningitis, Tetanus, Typhoid
- Tuberculosis Skin Testing
- Anti-Malarial medication
- For travel health information for specific destinations, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website
- The Allegheny County Health Department offers additional vaccines and travel consultations
Health Services Fees
The CMU Student Health Plan covers all Health Services visit fees and many other service fees.
For fees not covered and for students on other health plans, we charge at the time of service. Students can choose to pay with a debit card, a credit card or cash, and we can provide receipts for students who wish to submit a claim to their insurance plan. (Please note that all fees appear on cards as "Health Services" for privacy purposes - visit types and services are not listed.)
Fees are subject to change without notice.
Enrolled Students: Visit Fees
Please note that students will be charged $10 for missed appointments.
Type of Service
Doctor/advanced practice initial
|Nurse or Health Educator||Free|
Pre-College Students: Visit Fees
Type of Service
|Doctor/advanced practice initial||$25|
Fees for Frequently Requested Services
|Breathing treatment for asthma||$10|
Fluid replacement (IV therapy)
|Minor surgical procedure||$25|
|Removal of stitches||$10|
|Wart removal (freezing or chemical)||
On-Site Testing Fees
|Heart rhythm test (EKG)||$15|
|5-minute strep throat test (Rapid Strep)||$10|
|Pregnancy test (urine)||$5|
|Rapid HIV test||$25|
|Human Papillomavirus (HPV)||$220|
|Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)||$75|
|Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis (Tdap)||$52|
|Tuberculin Skin Test (PPD)||$15|
|Tuberculosis (QuantiFERON Gold)||$58|
Fees will also apply for services done outside of the UHS clinic, such as diagnostic tests, imaging, hospitalizations and Emergency Room (ER) visits. If you have an office visit in a hospital, you may be charged a facilities fee, which is not covered by most insurance plans, including the CMU student insurance plan.
Additional fees also apply for labwork and prescriptions.