2014 - present,
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Ph.D., Chemistry, Advisors: Prof. Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Prof. Subha Das
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal, India
B.S., M.S., Chemistry
10/2013 - 05/2014, IISER Bhopal, India
Thesis Project with Dr. Apurba Koner
Spectroscopic study of encapsulation of Prodan in Cucurbituril.
05/2013 - 07/2013, IISER Bhopal, India
Summer Internship with Dr. Vishal Rai
Kinetic resolution studies of secondary alcohols using amino acids derived catalysts.
05/2012 – 07/2012, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati, India
Summer Internship with Dr. Debasish Manna
Molecular docking studies to characterize the binding affinity of diacyltetrol lipids towards the domain of protein kinase C.
05/2010 – 07/2010, IISER Bhopal, India
Summer Internship with Dr. R. Mahalakshmi
Synthesis of DPRO-LPRO nucleated peptide b-hairpins to study the contribution of different amino acids to the strand stabilization.
Lathwal S,# Pan X,# Mack S, Yan J, Das SR, Matyjaszewski K “Automated Synthesis of Well-Defined Polymers and Biohybrids by Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization Using a DNA Synthesizer” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 2740–2743
[#] Co-first authors
Conferences / Workshops
• Workshop on Advance Microscopy and Imaging, 12/2013, IISER Bhopal
• IX J-National Organic Chemistry Symposium Trust (NOST) Conference, 12/2013, IISER Bhopal
• Indo-German Conference on Complex Chemical Systems, 12/2012, IISER Bhopal
• Joint Academies Lecture Workshop on Frontier in Physics, 01/2011, Delhi University
• Vigyan Jyoti Shivir (Vijyoshi) Camp by DST, Govt. of India, 12/2010, IISc Bangalore
- INSPIRE fellowship for undergraduate studies by DST in India (5 years)
- Qualified IIT-JEE entrance examination in 2009
- All India Rank-52 in 8th National Science Olympiad, Final Level.