- Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan (03/1998)
- Master of Engineering in Department of Energy and Hydrocarbon Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering
- Majored in physical organic chemistry under Professor Ken’ichi Takeuchi and Professor Toshikazu Kitagawa
- Polymer science
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Polymeric materials for electronic applications
- Environmentally responsive materials
- “Responsive Gels Based on a Dynamic Covalent Trithiocarbonate Cross-Linker” Renaud Nicolay, Jun Kamada, Abigail Van Wassen and Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Macromolecules 2010, 43, 4355.
- “Redox Responsive Behavior of Thiol/Disulfide-Functionalized Star Polymers Synthesized via Atom Transfer Radical Polymerization” Jun Kamada, Kaloian Koynov, Cathrin Corten, Azhar Juhari, Jeong Ae Yoon, Marek W. Urban, Anna C. Balazs and Krzysztof Matyjaszewski, Macromolecules, 2010, 43, 4133.
- “Hydrosilanes as Reducing Reagents of Copper Salts into Copper Metal Particles under Remarkably Mild Conditions” Masaki Takahashi, Jun Kamada, Kenji Iwata, Kenichi Goto, Hiroshi Watanabe and Shoji Tamai, Bulletin of the Chemical Society of Japan, 2008 , 81, 168.
- “Preparation and structure of copper nanoparticles - polysilane composite film” Jun Kamada, Masaki Takahashi, Kenji Iwata, Kenichi Goto, Hiroshi Watanabe and Shoji Tamai, Polymer Journal, 2007, 39, 1118.
- “A new photoreactive poly(aryl ether ketone) with a low dielectric constant” Ken-ichi Goto, Jun Kamada, Jotaro Kida, Shoji Tamai, Journal of Photopolymer Science and Technology, 2004, 17, 215.
- “Synthesis of photoreactive polyimide having indan structure” Shoji Tamai, Jun Kamada, Takashi, Ono, Takashi Kuroki, Kenichi Goto and Akihiro Yamaguch, Journal of Polymer Science, Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 2001, 40, 423.
- “Acid-catalyzed conversion of 7-ethynyl- and 7-vinylcyclohepta-1,3,5-trienes to substituted benzene derivatives” Shinya Minegishi, Jun Kamada, Ken'ichi Takeuchi, Koichi Komatsu, and Toshikazu Kitagawa, European Journal of Organic Chemistry , 2003, 18, 3497.
- “Acid-Catalyzed Rearrangement of Ethynylcycloheptatriene to Phenylallene” Toshikazu Kitagawa, Jun Kamada, Shinya Minegishi, and Ken'ichi Takeuchi, Organic Letters, 2000, 2, 3011.
PatentsThirty three patents with regard to the electronic materials(2001-2007).
Two examples are shown below.
- “Method for reducing transition metal, and method for treating surface of silicon-containing polymer, method for preparing fine transition metal particles and method for producing article and wiring board, using the reducing method” Masaki Takahashi, Kenji Iwata, Hiroshi Watanabe, Kenichi Goto, and Jun Kamada, WO-2006057242.
- “Polyimides and polyamic acids for photoresists and dielectric films” Jun Kamada, Kenichi Goto, Takashi Kuroki, and Shoji Tamai, WO-2001083591.
- Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., Japan
- Material Science Laboratory
- Senior Researcher (07/2006-present)
- Developed the copper nanoparticle - polysilane composite film
- Researcher (07/1999-06/2006)
- Developed photopolymers
- Iwakuni-Otake Factory
- Plant Staff Person (04/1998-06/1999)