Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
M.S. in Chemistry
Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
B.S. in Chemistry
- Plichta, A.; Zhong, M.; Li, W.; Elsen, A. M.; Matyjaszewski, K. Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics 2012, 213, 2659-2668.
- Elsen, A. M.; Burdyńska, J.; Park, S.; Matyjaszewski, K. Macromolecules 2012, 45, 7356-7363.
- Elsen, A. M.; Nicolay, R.; Matyjaszewski, K. Macromolecules 2011, 44, 1752-1754.
- MacCuspie, R. I.; Elsen, A. M.; Diamanti, S. J.; Patton, S. T.; Altfeder, I.; Jacobs, J.; Voevodin, A. A.; Vaia, R. A. Applied Organometallic Chemistry 2010, 24, 590-599.
- Diamanti, S.; Elsen, A.; Naik, R.; Vaia, R. Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2009, 113, 9993-9997.
- Diamanti, S.; Arifuzzaman, S.; Elsen, A.; Genzer, J.; Vaia, R. A. Polymer 2008, 49, 3770-3779.
- Grossie, D. A.; Fossum, E.; Elsen, A.; Meyer, T. Acta Crystallographica E 2008, 64, 2207.
- American Chemical Society
- Synthesis: small molecules, gold nanoparticles, linear and branched polymers via polycondensation chemistry, polymers via RAFT and ATRP.
- Instrumentation: GPC, TGA, DSC, AFM, SEM, TEM, XPS, Zeta-PALS Particle Sizer, FT-IR, UV-Vis, GC/MS, NMR (1H, 13C, 31P).
- Software: Microsoft Word, Microscoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, End Note, Chem Draw, SciFinder Scholar, Origin.
- 2011 GSA/Provost Conference Funding Recipient, Carnegie Mellon University
- 2011 Presidential Fellowship by the Richard King Mellon Foundation, Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2010 Presidential Fellowship by the Richard King Mellon Foundation, Carnegie Mellon University.
- 2009 Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year, Wright State University.
- 2009 Graduate Student of the Year, Wright State University.
- 2009 Best Graduate Poster, ACS Local Dayton Poster Session.
- 2008 Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year, Wright State University.
- 2008 AFOSR Star Team Award, AFRL/RXBP. WPAFB.
- 2007 Charles J. Cleary Award for Scientific Achievement, Materials and Manufacturing Directorate at WPAFB.
- Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. June 2007 – August 2009
- Research Assistant with Professor Eric Fossum, Chemistry Department
- Project: One-Pot Oligomeric A2 + B3 Approach to Branched Poly(arylene ether sulfone)s: Reactivity Ratio Controlled Polycondensation
- Project: Effect of Monomer Geometry on Extent of Cyclization in Polycondensation Reactions
- Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio. January 2007 – August 2009
- Research Assistant with Dr. Steve Diamanti, AFRL/RXBP
- Project: Reactive Functionality of Buffer and Peptide in Gold Nanoparticle Formation
- Project: Reactive Paterning via Post-Functionalization of Polymer Brushes Utilizing Disuccinimidyl Carbonate Activation to Couple Primary Amines
- Research Assistant with Dr. Robert MacCuspie, AFRL/RXBP
- Project: Purification – Chemical Structure – Electrical Property Relationship in Gold Nanoparticle Liquids
- Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. March 2005 – January 2007
- Research Assistant with Professor Kenneth Turnbull, Chemistry Department
- Project: Suzuki Coupling of 4-Phenyl Sydnone.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. August 2009 – Present
- Teaching Assistant for Laboratory One with Professor Karen Stump, Chemistry Department.
- Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio. September 2007 – June 2009
- Teaching Assistant for Organic Laboratories with Professors Kenneth Turnbull, William Feld and Daniel Ketcha, Chemistry Department.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. January 2010 – Present
- Lab Manager
- The 242th ACS National Meeting, Denver, CO, USA. August 28 - September 1, 2011.
- Gordon Research Conference, South Hadley, MA. June 20-21, 2009.
- The 237th ACS National Meeting, Salt Lake City, UT, USA. March 22-26, 2009.