Carnegie Mellon University

Transfer Credit Form

Approval for classes taken outside of Carnegie Mellon University.  This form is not necessary for cross-registration (PCHE) courses.  

This form is for MCS students only.  Those students in other colleges should consult with their advisor for transfer credit approval.


  1. Submit a separate form for each course requested.
  2. An in-depth course description is required for each course.
  3. For courses in the STEM fields, please also email a copy of the syllabus to Christine Gilchrist.
  4. Submission limit is three requests at a time.
  5. You will be notified within three business days with the status of your request.
  6. Upon completion of the course, send an official transcript (in a sealed envelope) directly to:

Christine Gilchrist
Mellon College of Science
Office of Undergraduate Affairs
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Doherty Hall 1324
Pittsburgh, PA  15213


External course you wish to transfer



IMPORTANT! Copy and paste the actual description of the course from the institution's catalog.  Forms submitted with just a web link in the description will be returned and not evaluated.


CMU course for which you would like credit

Additional Major
General Education