Study Abroad is a transformative experience that allows you to explore the world and discover new things about yourself.
Students report that studying, traveling or working abroad provided them with increased problem-solving skills, improved foreign language proficiency, and led to new professional contacts, more independence, an enhanced awareness and appreciation of their home culture, and a stronger interest in and appreciation for other cultures.
The Office of International Education is an excellent resource to help you with everything related to study abroad. The Study Abroad Portal allows you to search for opportunities by location, area of study, language and more! Your academic advisor can also help you consider opportunities that will support your learning goals.
Funding Study Abroad
- Study Abroad Funding Page: this page offers links to a variety of funding opportunities, including awards through OIE, private grants, scholarships by identity groups and more
- Dietrich College Study/Travel Abroad Grant Program: provides support for traditional study abroad programs and non-study abroad experiences like service learning, internships and research
- Modern Languages Study Abroad Scholarships: opportunities for Modern Languages students to apply for funding
- Jennings Family Brave Companions Award: funds sophomores and juniors who want to travel to developing countries to study, travel, conduct research and/or participate in service work
- Institute of International Education (IIE): More than 200 programs, including scholarships and fellowships, to help undergraduates with financial needs study and intern abroad