You play an important role in your student's career development, and we encourage you to become familiar with the services offered by the Career and Professional Development Center. The CPDC web site provides you with information about our services and job search resources.
How Can I Help with My Student’s Career Development
- Encourage your student to visit the Career and Professional Development Center and explore a variety of career fields
- Discuss your experiences in college and the job world. Help your student reflect on what he or she wants from a career
- Share your experiences with interviewing, networking, and career decision-making
- Once your student has chosen a career to explore, help arrange informational interviews with coworkers, family, or friends in the same (or a related) career field
- Make a commitment to talk (and listen) to your student about career-related issues and challenges
MyCareerPath: My Career, My Way
The Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) believes each person is unique – and thus each person’s career journey will be unique. We also realize working on one’s career journey will often fall outside of traditional business hours. Knowing this, in addition to face-to-face meetings and in-person workshops, the CPDC offers self-paced and self-directed career resources program to CMU students and alumni called myCareerPath
See where last year's class went after graduating from Carnegie Mellon: graduate school, employers, and locations. Find out the high, low, median and average salaries for students in each field on the Outcomes
page of our website.
Recruit Our Students
If your company or organization is interested in hiring Carnegie Mellon students and alumni, please register for a Handshake account
. This will allow you to post jobs and internships, as well as search the student resume database. For more information, please read our instructions for posting jobs and internships.
Family and Parent Volunteer Opportunities
As the parent or family member of a CMU student, you have the rewarding opportunity to "give back" via participating in the Tartan Talks or Take a Tartan to Work programs. More information can be found HERE.