You play an important role in your student's career development, and we encourage you to become familiar with the services offered by the Career and Professional Development Center. The CPDC web site provides you with information about our services and job search resources.
How Can I Help with My Student’s Career Development?
- Encourage your student to visit the Career and Professional Development Center and explore a variety of career fields
- Discuss your experiences in college and the job world. Help your student reflect on what he or she wants from a career
- Share your experiences with interviewing, networking, and career decision-making
- Once your student has chosen a career to explore, help arrange informational interviews with coworkers, family, or friends in the same (or a related) career field
- Make a commitment to talk (and listen) to your student about career-related issues and challenges
The CPDC's Resource Library contains a variety of career-related educational materials to assist your student in their career journey. Career fair preparation tips, resume/cover letter guidance, job and internship search advice, and virtual platform links are just a few of the many resources available to you and your student.
Recruit Our Students
Become a CPDC Career Champion!
Watch a recording of the Tartan Family Webinar Series discussing the CPDC Career Champions program! The Career Champions program is a series of training workshops designed to educate faculty and staff on how to have effective career conversations with students to support them in their career journeys.