Create a Handshake Account
Handshake is Carnegie Mellon's online recruiting system. Employers can request accounts to:
- Post jobs and internships
- Review candidate application materials
- Request on-campus interviews and information sessions
Post Jobs & Internships
To post a job, internship, or fellowship on Handshake:
- Login to Handshake
- From your dashboard, click on Post a Job. You may also click on Jobs (under Postings) on the left side toolbar, then, Create a Job.
- Complete the required fields and click Create to save your entry.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-268-2064.
Virtual Interviewing Procedures:
- Request available dates and rooms for interviews via Handshake. You can attach job descriptions while creating the interview request.
- You can select either Room Only virtual interviews, or Preselect virtual interviews.
- Room Only will allow you to create your own schedule and reach out to students yourself outside of Handshake.
- Preselect will allow you to choose candidates to interview in Handshake. You will receive an email when it’s time to log back in to choose students. Students will then be able to sign up for interview slots.
- The CPDC will reach out following your interviews to see which students attended for data-tracking purposes.
- The CPDC Interview Center will be open for students if they need a quiet/private space to interview, but they will need to use their own phones or computers.
Please contact Julie Puglisi at 412-268-3994 if you have any questions about virtual interviewing.
Travel to Carnegie Mellon
Visitors may park in the East Campus Parking Garage on Forbes Avenue. Upon approaching the entry station, please take a ticket from the dispenser. Before returning to your vehicle, go to the pay station to pay for the time you were parked. The pay station will dispense the original ticket which you will then use to exit the garage.
For your convenience, we've gathered a list of nearby area accommodations. Some offer discount rates to Carnegie Mellon visitors and free shuttle service to campus for your convenience. Not sure about locations? Check out our online campus map. The hotels closest to campus will be in Shadyside, East End and Oakland.
Hotels with an asterisk (*) indicate that Carnegie Mellon should have an annual contract in place for special pricing, group rates, shuttle services, etc. Unique terms and conditions may apply, please check with the hotel directly upon booking.