Create a Handshake Account
Handshake is Carnegie Mellon's online recruiting system. Employers can request accounts to:
- Post jobs and internships
- Review candidate application materials
- Request on-campus interviews and information sessions
Post Jobs & Internships
To post a job, internship, or fellowship on Handshake:
- Login to Handshake
- From your dashboard, click on Post a Job. You may also click on Jobs (under Postings) on the left side toolbar, then, Create a Job.
- Complete the required fields and click Create to save your entry.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or call 412-268-2064.
On-Campus Interviewing (OCI)
- Request available dates and rooms for interviews via Handshake.
- Once you receive confirmation, return to Handshake to attach job descriptions.
- You will receive an email when it is time to log back into the system and select the students you want to interview. After your preselect deadline passes, candidates will be notified and will sign up for available openings.
- Reminder: On-campus interviewing is for CMU students only, any non-CMU students who try to check-in for an interview will be denied access and asked to leave.
Interview Candidates Without Visiting Campus
The CPDC provides the opportunity to interview candidates via phone or video. Employers should set a date at least one month in advance. Please contact Julie Puglisi at 412-268-3994 if you would like to consider this option. Note: We do not provide phones or computers for interviewing.
Travel to Carnegie Mellon
Visitors may park in the East Campus Parking Garage on Forbes Avenue. Upon approaching the entry station, please take a ticket from the dispenser. Before returning to your vehicle, go to the pay station to pay for the time you were parked. The pay station will dispense the original ticket which you will then use to exit the garage.
For your convenience, we've gathered a list of nearby area accommodations. Some offer discount rates to Carnegie Mellon visitors and free shuttle service to campus for your convenience. Not sure about locations? Check out our online campus map. The hotels closest to campus will be in Shadyside, East End and Oakland.
Hotels with an asterisk (*) indicate that Carnegie Mellon should have an annual contract in place for special pricing, group rates, shuttle services, etc. Unique terms and conditions may apply, please check with the hotel directly upon booking.