Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy's Onsite Training courses immerse educators in the world of robotics and CS-STEM education. Our program supports educators through hands-on training for robotics platforms like LEGO SPIKE Prime, Arduino, VEX V5, VEX EXP, and VEX IQ. Onsite training is conducted at the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) in Pittsburgh, PA. The NREC is part of the Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute, a world-renowned robotics organization.
During our week-long training, Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy trainers guide teachers and coaches through research-based best practices, coding, troubleshooting, and pedagogy with robots. Participants get access to curricular materials, presentations, program solutions, and other resources, as well as the opportunity to become a Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy Certified Instructor. We welcome educators of all experience levels, and no prior experience in coding or robotics is required. All participants need to be 18 years or older.
After class, explore the best of Pittsburgh, including a Pirates game, riverboat tour, shopping, world-class museums, and local eateries.
- 4.5 days of hands-on training using provided hardware and software
- Access to curricular materials, presentations, program solutions, and other resources
- Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy Certificate of Completion for “Graduates” (ACT 48 Credits for Pennsylvania Teachers)
- Opportunity to become a Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy Certified Instructor
- Tour of the National Robotics Engineering Center
- Lunch Monday though Thursday!