The Robotics Academy is committed to using the motivational effects of robotics to excite students about science and technology. We are an educational outreach of Carnegie Mellon University, and part of the university’s world-renowned Robotics Institute. Our administrative staff and development team are housed in the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), where robots for business, government, and industry are designed, prototyped, and tested just outside our office doors.
- To develop a mathematically competent and technologically literate workforce
- To influence children to become interested in robotics and related technologies as an area of study and future employment
- To grow future entrepreneurs and employees for the region and nation
- To enhance the economic development of these technologies regionally and nationally
- To develop standards-driven curriculum for middle and high school teachers
- To catch kids having fun experimenting with science and technology