The Office of International Education is located on the first floor of Posner Hall. Brief questions may be addressed via email. In all correspondence to OIE, be sure to include your:
Name as it appears on your passport
Date of birth
Andrew User ID
College and/or department
- Are you a:
- Incoming Student
- Current Student
- On Post-completion OPT (F-1) or AT (J-1)
- On STEM-extension OPT (F-1)
Request for Services
New, Incoming Students & Scholars Service Request
Returning/Continuing Students & Scholars Service Request
Returning/continuing international students and scholars may use the Student/Scholar Request for OIE Services (pdf) form for the following requests:
- Travel signature for an I-20 or DS-2019
- New I-20 or DS-2019 for replacement or correction
- I-20 or DS-2019 for a spouse or child
- Travel letter (H-1B only)
- To drop off a request for signature on the OIE Social Security Number Form (pdf)
Complete your form, print, and drop it off at OIE or email your form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise not waiting until the last minute to request or process documents. Please allow 5-10 business days for the preparation of a new immigration document. Allow 3 business days for an advisor's signature on your I-20, DS-2019 or SSN form.
New Students (F-1/J-1) and Scholars (J-1): obtaining their initial Carnegie Mellon immigration document will receive shipping instructions by email when their immigration document is ready.
Students and scholars at CMU:
- Requesting a signature should pick-up their document from OIE 3 business days after they have submitted their request to OIE.
- Requesting a new or updated immigration document should pick-up their document from OIE 5 to 10 business days after they have submitted their request to OIE.
- If you will have a friend pick-up your document and/or need your document shipped to you -- make sure you indicate that on the form submitted to OIE.
*F-1 students requesting a Post-Completion OPT employer-updated I-20 or STEM OPT I-20 will be notified by email when their document has been processed with shipping and/or pick-up instructions.
OIE uses eShip Global for the shipping of documents. Follow these instructions:
- Log in to eShip Global (do not go through FedEx or UPS directly) (the link works best using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers).
- You will be required to register a new student account using your email and password.
- Enter your complete mailing address including postal code, phone number and email.
- You will need a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
- Select Carnegie Mellon University, Office of International Education as the sender (be careful NOT to select any other office location).
How to Find Us
Posner Hall is located near the intersection of Tech and Margaret Morrison Streets.