Fall 2021 OIE Contact & Services Information
- To mitigate the spread of COVID-19, appointments with OIE staff will continue to take place via zoom. To schedule an appointment with your OIE advisor, use our online appointment system.
- View a list of frequently asked questions and other international student information. If an answer to your question is not provided in the FAQs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of International Education is located on the 1st Floor Atrium of Cyert Hall in Suite 101. Most requests for services can be submitted electronically, by email or by submitting an eForm in the MyOIE Portal or the Study Abroad Portal.
Brief questions may be addressed via email. In all correspondence to OIE, be sure to include your:
Name as it appears on your passport
Date of birth
Andrew User ID
College and/or department
- Are you a:
- Incoming Student
- Current Student
- On Post-completion OPT (F-1) or AT (J-1)
- On STEM-extension OPT (F-1)
Request for Services
New, Incoming Students & Scholars Service Request
Returning/Continuing Students & Scholars Service Request
Returning/continuing international students and scholars may use the Student/Scholar Request for OIE Services (pdf) form for the following requests:
- Travel signature for an I-20 or DS-2019
- New I-20 or DS-2019 for replacement or correction
- I-20 or DS-2019 for a spouse or child
- Travel letter (H-1B only)
- To request a signature on the OIE Social Security Number Form (pdf), email a completed form (filled out and signed by your hiring department) directly to email@example.com.
We advise not waiting until the last minute to request or process documents. Please allow 5-10 business days for the preparation of a new immigration document. Allow 3 business days for an advisor's signature on your I-20, DS-2019 or SSN form.
New Students (F-1/J-1) and Scholars (J-1): obtaining their initial Carnegie Mellon immigration document will receive shipping instructions by email when their immigration document is ready.
Students and scholars at CMU:
- Requesting a signature should pick-up their document from OIE 3 business days after they have submitted their request to OIE.
- Requesting a new or updated immigration document should pick-up their document from OIE 5 to 10 business days after they have submitted their request to OIE.
- If you will have a friend pick-up your document and/or need your document shipped to you -- make sure you indicate that on the form submitted to OIE.
*F-1 students requesting a Post-Completion OPT employer-updated I-20 or STEM OPT I-20 will be notified by email when their document has been processed with shipping and/or pick-up instructions.
OIE uses eShip Global for the shipping of documents. Follow these instructions:
- Log in to eShip Global (do not go through FedEx or UPS directly) (the link works best using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox browsers).
- You will be required to register a new student account using your email and password.
- Enter your complete mailing address including postal code, phone number and email.
- You will need a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover).
- Select Carnegie Mellon University, Office of International Education as the sender (be careful NOT to select any other office location).
How to Find Us
Cyert Hall is located near the intersection of Forbes and Morewood Avenues.