Fethiye Ozis, P.E.
Assistant Teaching Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Porter Hall 123D
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
Fethiye (Fet-ee-ye) Ozis serves as an Assistant Teaching Professor in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
She holds a B.S. in Environmental Engineering from the Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Southern California. Professor Ozis is a licensed Professional Engineer (Environmental), in Arizona.
Professor Ozis enjoys every dimension of being an engineering educator. She teaches across the curriculum and conducts research related to engineering classrooms and innovative pedagogical strategies. She has previously taught at Northern Arizona University and University of Southern California.
PhD 2005- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
MS 2002 - University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
BS 1999 - Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey
ResearchResearch Group: AIS EESS
Areas of Interest
- Sustainable cities
- Biotechnology for Air Pollution Control
- Sustainable methods of water treatment
Recent Honors & Awards
- 2021: Educator of Influence, Gold Axe Award, Northern Arizona University
- 2020: Teacher of the Year, College of Engineering, Informatics and Applied Sciences, Northern Arizona University
- 2018: Exemplary Faculty, NAU Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
- 12-100 Exploring CEE
- 12-216 Research Skills and Topics for CEE
- 12-234 Sensing and Data Acquisition for Engineering Systems
- 12-749 Climate Change Adaptation for Infrastructure