Visiting the Department
The faculty, staff and students of Civil & Environmental Engineering are proud of our community, and we greatly enjoy the opportunity to show it in action.
Undergraduate ProgramIf you would like more information about our department and program you can connect with our Director of Undergraduate Programs Andrea Francioni Rooney or set up a Zoom meeting.
The undergraduate admissions office has several resources online for you to register for a live tour, attend an info session, or sign up for a one-on-one virtual counseling session.
To set up a on-on-one meeting please schedule a Zoom meeting:
If you prefer to send an email or would like to schedule an in-person visit you can reach our Graduate Admissions Office at admitCEE@andrew.cmu.edu.
Carnegie Mellon's campus is located approximately five miles east of downtown Pittsburgh in a section of the city called Oakland. Pittsburgh is accessible by ground, rail and air transportation.
If you're driving to our Pittsburgh campus, use the box below to get directions via Google Maps or download printable directions (PDF).
Traveling to Campus
Directions to A7E Porter Hall (CEE Conference Room)
Directions from East Campus Garage
- Exit garage and head towards campus (away from Forbes Ave)
- Head towards your left - Cohon University Center (CUC) - and continue towards the large grassy area called The Cut (Between CUC and Purnell Center)
- Pass the large clock in front of Doherty Hall and continue along that sidewalk to the long building in front of you - this is Baker/Porter Hall (BPH). To the left of BPH is Hunt Library.
- Upon entering BPH continue down the hallway ramp until you reach the end - Porter Hall 119. This is the main administrative office for the department.
- Before the CEE office, turn left.
- Before the end of this hallway, turn right. This is the 107 wing of Porter Hall.
- Near the end of this hallway, there is a set of stairs going down (on the lefthand side). Take the stairs down.
- At the bottom of the stairs is the A7 wing. Turn around 180 degrees and A7E is on the right.
Directions from Frew St.
Porter Hall is adjacent to Flagstaff Hill, part of Schenley Park. The ground entrance to Porter Hall is the A level. The A7 wing is locked at all times on the A level.
- To reach the A7 wing during business hours, enter Porter Hall by ascending the exterior stairs to the first level.
- Once you have entered the building, turn left. This is the 107 wing.
- Walk down the hallway until you reach the stairwell heading down (on your left).
- At the bottom of the stairs turn around 180 degrees and A7E is on the right