Award Description and CriteriaAll alumni and current CEE faculty and staff are invited to submit nominations to the Awards Committee by February 15.
You can nominate an alumnus for any of these awards online. If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please contact Allison McLachlan.
In all cases, the Awards Committee will consider all individuals suggested and take responsibility for selecting the winner of each award. The winners' names will be presented to the entire CEE faculty for confirmation.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The award is intended to recognize CEE alumni who have one or more major achievements that have improved the work of professional engineers or have improved people’s lives in some way. Individuals to be considered for this award must have a noteworthy accomplishment such as one or more of the following:
- Founding of a successful engineering company
- Founding of a program in a professional engineering society
- Building a major research program at a college or university
- Exemplary leadership in the private or public sector by attaining a position of responsibility in a major company or government agency, or by acknowledged success in a major engineering project
Outstanding Alumni Service Award
The award is intended to recognize CEE alumni who have made sustained contributions to the engineering profession. Individuals to be considered for this award must have provided outstanding service over a period of time, such as one or more of the following:
- Outstanding service to the CEE Department, for example through participation on the CEE Advisory Council
- Outstanding service to the community of professional engineers, for example through leadership activities in a section of the American Society of Civil Engineers or other engineering society
- Outstanding service in the private or public sectors, for example by leadership activities in the management of engineering projects
- Financial contributions to the CEE Department, a professional engineering society, or engineering projects.
Lt. Col. Christopher K. Raible Distinguished Public Service Award
- Distinguished military service
- Noteworthy accomplishments during the course of employment by a government or non-profit agency
- Remarkable volunteer activities in the public service sector
Recent Alumni Achievement Award
This award consists of a plaque. The award has criteria similar to the Distinguished Alumnus Award but is intended to recognize CEE alumni who have a noteworthy achievement within ten years of receiving their highest degree from the CEE Department. Individuals to be considered for this award should be role models for students.