Our Civil Engineering curriculum is intended to allow for self-exploration and for you to pursue your personal interests. With careful planning and advising, your undergraduate experience can be meaningful and prepare you for your career.
As a CEE student, you will work with Andrea Francioni Rooney for your academic advising. You will also have the opportunity to choose a faculty mentor at the end of your sophomore
Our undergraduate program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Integrated BS/MS Program
If you are considering graduate school after you have completed your undergraduate studies you can get a head-start by working with your academic advisor to plan a course of study that leads to both the BS in Civil Engineering and the MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
How to Apply
- Apply between 5th and 7th semester of undergraduate program (transfer student timeframe for application will be adjusted on a case by case basis)
- Complete the IMB Program Declaration form and submit to Melissa Ritchie, Graduate Programs Manager.
Upon admission, you will be assigned a graduate studies advisor and you are expected to meet with your graduate advisors regularly to deveop your course of study and which graduate level courses to register for.
- Satisfied all requirements for the BS degree
- Register for a minimum of one semester of full-time study as a graduate student
- Complete all of the requirements for the MS degree
This course of study will typically require ten semesters of study, although advanced placement or other study may reduce your time. With the approval of your academic advisor, you may take courses while an undergraduate that will count toward your MS degree as long as these courses are beyond the 379 units required for the BS in Civil Engineering degree.