Recruit & Post Jobs
Get Started - Open a Handshake Account
Handshake is Carnegie Mellon's online recruiting system. Employers can request accounts to:
- Post jobs and internships
- Review candidate application materials
- Request on-campus interviews and information sessions
- Request available dates and rooms for information sessions and interviews via Handshake.
- Once you receive confirmation, return to Handshake to attach job descriptions.
- You will receive an email when it is time to log back into the system and select the students you want to interview. After your preselect deadline passes, candidates will be notified and will sign up for available openings
Interview Candidates Without Visiting Campus
The CPDC provides the opportunity to interview candidates via phone or video. Employers should set a date at least one month in advance. Please contact Julie Burkhart at 412-268-3994 if you would like to consider this option. Note: We do not provide phones or computers for interviewing.
Travel to Carnegie Mellon
Visitors may park in the East Campus Parking Garage on Forbes Avenue. Upon approaching the entry station, please take a ticket from the dispenser. Before returning to your vehicle, go to the pay station to pay for the time you were parked. The pay station will dispense the original ticket which you will then use to exit the garage.
Please note that our preferred hotel is the Hilton Garden Inn – Pittsburgh University Place. All employers are entitled to Carnegie Mellon's discounted rate. To make a reservation visit the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place website. A variety of hotel accommodations are located in Oakland and the surrounding area of Carnegie Mellon.