Carnegie Mellon University

Dining Resources

As a graduate student, you are not required to get a dining plan for campus, however you can if you wish. More information about the dining plans can be found HERE.
See the list HERE of CMU dining locations and hours. You can even get access to the menus of each location through the website!
UHS offers online resources to help you eat healthy (HERE). Be sure to check out their "Healthy Eating Guide" and "Foods for Health" pages. You can also schedule an appointment with the UHS nutritionist for more guidance. Schedule your appointment using HealthConnect, HERE.
CMU does not currently offer any programs to assist in regularly paying for food. There are many online coupon services and discount cards at local grocery chains. You can also investigate Food Stamps or SNAP (info HERE) to see if you qualiffy for these government-funded assistance programs. If you find yourself in an emergency financial situation, consider an Emergency Loan. (They are interest free small loans sponsored by CMU to help you get by when things get tight. Info HERE)
If you know where you want to eat on campus, you can look up their menu HERE and see what is available. Additionally, you can make an appointment with the UHS Dietitian to get more customized support for food allergies and intolerances on campus. Get more information HERE.
You should talk to the event organizer and see if they can purchase an alternate meal that you can eat without getting sick. If issues continue, there is not a central location to report instances like this to CMU, however GSA would love to hear about it so we can better advocate for issues that affect graduate students on campus. Submit your story HERE.