Young Re-Recognition Process
Each year, all student government recognized organizations are required to complete the re-recognition process. The goal of the process is to ensure that organizations are still functioning effectively and fulfilling their designated mission, as well as to identify issues that organizations are having functioning in the University environment - i.e., membership concerns, concerns about finances, administrative questions, etc.
Young organizations (those which have existed for 6 years or less) are required to submit a detailed re-recognition application every year in the fall. This application process will be facilitated through The Bridge's registration process. Re-recognition approval will be signified by an email from the bridge, stating your application has been accepted.
If your organization is not granted the status of student government re-recognition, you may appeal the decision of CoSO. In order to appeal:
- You must submit a written notice of your appeal to CoSO (email@example.com) within one week of receipt of the notification of CoSO's decision.
- A maximum of three members can present for your organization at the appeals meeting.
- CoSO will schedule an appeal hearing within three meetings of the receipt of the request for appeal.
- At the end of the appeal hearing, CoSO will vote on whether to reverse the original recognition decision made.
- If your organization is still not satisfied with the decision, you can appeal to Student Senate or the Graduate Student Assembly