University Center Allocations Board (UCAB)
Note: The 2022-2024 Space Allocation Process for was completed in Spring 2022. The next Space Allocation Process will open on January 16, 2024 for the 2024-2026 time frame.
The student organization space allocation process is facilitated by the University Center Allocations Board (UCAB), led by the Director of Organizations, SLICE, and the Director of the University Center. The committee is compromised of CoSO, which has representatives from Student Senate and the Graduate Student Assembly with additional representatives from the general student organization body.
The process is facilitated every two years. Only Student Government recognized organizations can apply for space. Organizations must be recognized by December 15, 2023 to be considered for allocation. Organizations have the ability to re-apply/apply for the following types of options: storage offices and cabinets located on the University Center 3rd floor and storage cages in the East Campus Garage Basement.
As we approach the 2024-2026 Space Allocation Process, organizations with current space should use the fall semester time to clean and organize their current spaces, offices, and storage areas. For instance, if you have not used items in a couple of years or the item no longer serves a purpose, then the item could be thrown away or donated. If you are unsure of how to dispose of an item, you may contact Stacie Gardner, Assistant Director of SLICE, to receive guidance of what steps you can take. As an additional note, all food, cooking utensils, and other cooking supplies must be stored in closed bins.
Student Organization Space Allocation Process Timeline 2024-2026
[2024-2026 timeline coming soon]
- Tuesday, January 16: Application will be active and a communication will be emailed out to all Primary Contacts, Co/Presidents, Vice Presidents, and Space Access Administrators.
- Tuesday, January 30: Applications will be due at 11:59 p.m.
- Week of February 12: Communication will be sent out to applicants regarding preliminary space allocation assignments.
- Sunday, February 18: Appeals due by 11:59 p.m.
- Week of February 19: Appeal meetings will be held.
- Wednesday, February 28: Communication will be sent out to applicants regarding final space allocations assignments (reviewed and approved by Dean of Students, Director of SLICE, and Director of the University Center)
- Note: Spring Break: March 4 - 8
- Friday, March 15: UCAB Space Contracts must be signed by the President of the organization by 11:59 p.m. for each space assigned (contracts will be a form on TartanConnect and linked in the communication of final space allocation assignments)
- Student Organization Moves should be completed between Saturday, March 16 and Friday, April 26, 2024.
For any questions related to student organization space/storage, please contact Stacie Gardner, Assistant Director of SLICE (Office of Student Leadership, Involvement, and Civic Engagement).