Getting the Most Out of Online Learning
Prepare for a successful semester of learning in an online environment
Student Tech Quick Start
Whether you’re on campus or learning remotely, make sure your computing resources are in place for the start of class.
Welcome to the Student Academic Success Center
Virtual Front Desk
Mon. - Fri. 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Speak to a Student Academic Success team member via Zoom
to answer any questions you may have.
Recognizing this is an intense moment
The Chauvin verdict, the pandemic, infrequent physical and social connection to our family and friends, and altered opportunities and experiences due to the remote modality of everyday interactions. There is no single fix; healing the pain and brokenness in the systems as well as in our emotions and bodies will take purposeful action, every day.
CMU has many resources to help and support this healing. Make the choice to reach out, to widen the circle of care for yourself and others:
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CaPS) -- psychological and emotional resources
- University Health Services -- medical care, including resources for eating and dependency issues
- Student Academic Success Center--workshops and individual consultations
- Center for Student Diversity and Inclusion
- Wellness and Fitness Facilities
- Religious and Spiritual life
- CMU Pantry
- Legal resources
- Workshops and Support Groups--Check out the CMU Events Calendar to join a wide variety of support groups and experiences, including meditation, discussion groups, presentations, performances, and so many other opportunities to heal and make a difference.
Course Aligned Support
Skill Aligned Support
Other Support & Resources
Workshops & Events
Carnegie Mellon's Pittsburgh campus has assigned new outdoor spaces and tents and several indoor common areas and classrooms as "touchdown spaces" where students can spend time between classes. The spaces are identified with signage across campus.
Not sure where to start?
Staff members are available throughout the week to help get you connected with the appropriate resources. Use this form to answer a few questions and schedule a 30-minute Zoom meeting to get started!