Our tutoring services are offered in two formats:
Drop-In tutoring targets our highest demand courses through regularly scheduled open tutoring sessions during the fall and spring semesters. You are not required to commit to regular attendance and you can come as needed throughout the semester. You can utilize Drop-In Tutoring to discuss course related content, clarify and ask questions, work through practice problems, and stay and do work.
The peer learning support staff consists of tutors, academic coaches, and supplemental instruction leaders who are both undergraduate as well as graduate students. We are all concerned about our health as a community of learners, and therefore, during the coaching, tutoring, and SI sessions, we request that any student with fever, cough, or any respiratory symptoms stay at home. Please do not attend the session and place others in jeopardy. Instead, call UHS at 412 268- 2157 for consultations, and return to any of these sessions when you are feeling better and your health has improved.
Drop-in Tutoring will return for Fall 2023!
1-on-1 and Small Group Tutoring Appointments
Tutoring consists of ongoing individualized and small group sessions for students seeking support related to their coursework. You can utilize tutoring to discuss course related content, clarify and ask questions, work through practice problems, etc.
To make an appointment, please visit our WCOnline Peer Tutoring schedule. To use the site, you will need to complete the one-time step of creating account. After this, you can use this account to request tutors going forward.
Visit WCOnline to schedule a Peer Tutoring Appointment!
Courses Supported for Summer I/All
- 03232 Biochemistry I
- 09106 Modern Chemistry II
- 09217 Modern Organic Chemistry I
- 15122 Principles of Imperative Computation
- 15150 Principles of Functional Programming
- 15213 Introduction to Computer Systems
- 21122 Integration and Approximation
- 21127 Concepts
- 21241 Matrices and Linear Transformations
- 21259 Calc in 3D
- 21260 Differential Equations
- 18213 Introduction to Computer Systems
- 33142 Physics II for Engineering
- 33141 Physics I for Engineering
- 36225 Introduction to Probability Theory
- 36200 Reasoning with Data
- 70122 Intro to Accounting