Tuesday May 14 - Wednesday May 15, 2019 LearnLab Corporate Partners Meeting
Register for our 9th annual LearnLab Corporate Partners Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 15 at Carnegie Mellon University. This year’s theme is “Better Learner Outcomes through Learning Engineering” with the underlying goal to accelerate technology transfer from our university into industry. We would welcome you and your colleagues to join us.
At the corporate partners meeting, you will learn about the latest learning science and educational technology research underway at Carnegie Mellon University. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet and recruit our current graduate students and postdocs in the learning sciences as well as our Professional Masters in Educational Technology and Applied Learning Science (METALS) students. For those who are interested in possible collaborations, we would welcome discussions with our faculty.
See our METALS students resumes at: http://metals.hcii.cmu.edu/people/students/
A final agenda will be forthcoming. The working agenda is below:
Corporate Partners Meeting Agenda
May 14, 2019
Bridge Restaurant – Wyndham Hotel
Carnegie Mellon University
6:00 PM Meet and greet Carnegie Mellon University researchers, METALS students, and other industry professionals in an informal setting with light dinner
8:00 PM End
May 15, 2019
Gates Hillman Center – Rashid Auditorium
Carnegie Mellon University
8:00 AM Overview of the Meeting, Introductions
8:15 AM How Can We Create Better Learner Outcomes through Learning Engineering
9:00 AM Interactive demonstrations utilizing the latest technology in education.
- virtual assistants for teachers
- learning analytics featuring LearnSphere, the world’s largest infrastructure with methods, linked data, and portal access to relevant resources.
- authoring adaptive learning support (ITS – Intelligent Tutoring Systems, CSCL – Computer Supported Collaborative Learning)
- mixed reality for students
- augmented reality for teachers
10:45 AM Break
11:00 AM METALS Student Showcase – Learn about their professional interests and experience
12:00 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Panel Session and Q&A with Key Industry Leaders
2:30 PM Break
2:45 PM Breakout Groups Session
- Putting research into practice – how can CMU help you?
- Storing and analyzing your big data using NSF funded LearnSphere
- Leveraging IEEE IC Industry Consortium on Learning Engineering (ICICLE)
- Identify top industry concerns for future research focus
4:00 PM Focus Groups Report Out and Discussion (15 minutes each)
5:00 PM Final Remarks
We are also very excited that Remake Learning Days will be May 9-19. It is an eleven-day celebration of activities and events showcasing everything that makes the Pittsburgh region a recognized national leader in innovative teaching and learning. Hundreds of events are currently scheduled. You can find out more about this event at http://remakelearningdays.org.