Carnegie Mellon University

Transcript Requests & Verification

The INI receives many requests and questions from current students and alumni about obtaining transcripts and/or verifications as part of the employment application process, H1B application process, and other situations. 

The INI cannot provide your official transcript. It must be issued by The Hub.

Request an Official Transcript from The Hub 

The INI cannot provide your unofficial transcript.

Current students may request an unofficial transcript/academic record through Student Information Online.

Read More About Requesting an Unofficial Transcript/Academic Record

The INI cannot provide these verifications. They must be issued by The Registrar's Office.

Read More About Requesting an Enrollment and/or Degree Verification

Departments and faculty are no longer permitted to provide verification letters directly to current or former students. Instead, students may request a course description verification via the CMU Registrar's Office.


General Verification page:

Course Description Verification page

FAQ page:

Verification form: