Carnegie Mellon University

Academic Record

All students have the right to inspect their academic records under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). The University Registrar's Office maintains academic records of all Carnegie Mellon students, with some exceptions:

  • Incoming PCHE students (from another university) have their grades sent directly to their home institutions. The University Registrar's Office does not record these grades.
  • Students in certificate programs have their grades and other records maintained by the department offering the certificate.

Unofficial Academic Record

Although CMU does not produce unofficial transcripts, currently enrolled students may request an unofficial academic record through Student Information Online. Unofficial academic records are meant for internal advising purposes only and should not be used in place of an official transcript. They are different from unofficial transcripts because they:

  • Are not printed on official paper
  • Do not have an official seal or signature
  • Show current classes, even if there is no final grade

Please note this option is available only for currently enrolled students and we do not mail or fax unofficial academic records.